Contribute
Register

Show / Hide Hidden Files Not Working - Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (U1E)
CPU
i5-2500 3.3GHz
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

No matter what method/App I try, I cannot get my Hack to show (and then subsequently hide) hidden files. I never had this problem until I upgraded to Mavericks.

Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?

Thanks,
the shiv

I believe I've tried it in the past, but the download link doesn't work anymore. When you click on "download" it goes to an expired website.

It seems that if the standard code typed into Terminal doesn't work, an app wouldn't work as they all just simplify the same code being entered into Terminal.

There must be a problem with my Hack that is preventing it from showing/hiding hidden files...

I believe I've tried it in the past, but the download link doesn't work anymore. When you click on "download" it goes to an expired website.

My bad - Sorry - This one works : Download

Good Luck

Thanks for the link and the help! Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.

I still think it has to be a problem with my system, though I just don't know what could possibly be causing it. Like I said, it worked fine in every OS X before Mavericks...

Thanks for the link and the help! Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.

I still think it has to be a problem with my system, though I just don't know what could possibly be causing it. Like I said, it worked fine in every OS X before Mavericks...

Have you tried MB 3.10.1 and selecting "Show all Files"? Worked for me when I clean installed Mavericks.
Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 8.53.06 AM.png

Have you considered creating a new user account and logging in with it to see if the problem persists ?

You can grab "ShowAllFiles" in the community software section of Tonymacx86 downloads.

Sadly, 'tis not working for me.

Also did not work for me after clean install. Might be because it shows not compatible with Mavericks. The MB version is, I believe, a different version (it has a different icon).

Screen Shot 2013-12-15 at 9.23.37 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back