Graphics
GeForce 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here's a pretty easy suggestion. If there are any changes to the CustoMac Buyer's guide month to month, highlight those changes. Would just be nice for those of us whom look for little changes to our wishlists.

If there are any changes to the CustoMac Buyer's guide month to month, highlight those changes.
Bumping this up again because it still sounds to me to be a helpfully good tweak to the SOP.

Every month when the Customac section is updated the first thing I wonder about is what may have changed. My second question is then "But how can I find out what changed other than by comparing old & new line by tedious line?"

I realize that the "powers that be" might not consider there to be enough added value to expend the scarce resources needed to make it happen. But I view the audience of the CustoMac section as more than just those looking for a simple parts list. I tend to think of suggested builds as another way to find out what may be new and/or changed.

At the very least it would be nice to know if little to nothing has changed from month to month ... or not. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions- we make many small changes per month depending on part availability. Something we used to do is put the changes right in the top bit.

Example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/august/2015/
In addition to updating descriptions and links, this month we have added Apple's brand new Magic Keyboard, Magic Trackpad 2, and Magic Mouse 2.

The example builds usually do not change from month to month, however in April we changed all recommended builds to Skylake/100 Series. This month we added quite a few new motherboards to the motherboard section. We also removed a few that were out of stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back