Contribute
Register

Should we be concerned about the weekly security check on EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
Built in graphics card from motherboard
I was just reading up on High Sierra prior to updating. I found this article which noted a weekly security check on EFI that comes with the upgrade. I have seen a few mentions here and there in the forum about this topic, but no thread directly pointing to the topic. If there is already a direct post on this, please point me to it. If not, then what is the deal? Should we be concerned or is there a workaround?

I am interested in this as well, and have read some technical evaluations made by others whose knowledge I respect. Those evaluations left me unworried about my install, as the conclusions drawn were that there was little if nothing to worry over.

However, if there's a way to simply delete the process, or delete the scheduled task for it (is it a local scheduled task?), or even block it at the firewall I'd also be interested in hearing some solutions.

All the best.

Glad to hear that the conclusion is that there is nothing to worry about. Has anyone come across a way to delete the scheduled task as Amblin has suggested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back