Should i wait for Broadwell-E ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte x99m
CPU
Graphics
Vega 56
Hey Guys, i am just about to build my first Hackintosh ( for my gf) and i want it to be a rendermachine ( After Effects, Premiere Pro,Photoshop... and some other Adobe Stuff).

Right now, i am planning to buy the "Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5" because she felt in love with a micro Atx Case (Bitfenix phenom m). Can this Board run OSX ? It should i guess ?!

Now to my main question : Will Broadwell-E be hackintosh ready just after the lunch because the chipset will remain the same (x99) ? Or will it take a few month to be compatible ?
I can wait until the mid of june. Should i just go with the 5820k ?

Thanks for any answers!
:headbang:

6950X works in my ASUS X99 Deluxe II, with a kernel patch. It was ALOT harder than the z170 build that I started with, fyi.

6950X works in my ASUS X99 Deluxe II, with a kernel patch. It was ALOT harder than the z170 build that I started with, fyi.
Can u give me a few more Hints ? My 6800K will arrive tomorrow and ive never done a kernel patch before.

@Fl0rian Yeah i really need 12 Threads :)!

Last edited:
And why would you need a kernel patch?

Hi, I need know the kernel patch, you are kindly tell me how to do it, thanks.

EDIT:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/6950x-x99-working.195416/

I really hope this isn't violating rules or anything. This is Brumbaer's patched kext (attached).

You might want to try without it first. IF you run into PCI-configuration Begin hang, then, that is why you'd need the patch.

The IOPCI kext allocates a memory range for PCI devices on boot, and it is apparently hardcoded to some very low number. If the device's projected memory range (i.e. x99 chipset + chip's addressable PCI range) falls outside of that value, a difficult-to-debug infinite loop occurs and you get a reboot/hang. The patch just bumps a hex value. My 5930K wouldn't boot without it, other's have had no problem without it. The projected range seems to be something deterministic and a function of chip/chipset/mobo/installed-devices, so, can't really say that you need or don't need it. Just try!

Attachments

• IOPCIFamily.kext.zip
    116.7 KB · Views: 157

I have a 6850k. having issues. do i need a specific kernel patch and/or config.plist to run?
what did you use to make your broadwell-e chip to work?
thanks

Can u give me a few more Hints ? My 6800K will arrive tomorrow and ive never done a kernel patch before.

@Fl0rian Yeah i really need 12 Threads :)!
Hello,
I have run 10.11.6 on GA-X99M-Gaming 5 with i7-6800K.
I installed the OS by flowing the guid post
http://tonymacx86.com/threads/freaks-ga-x99m-gaming-5-matx-build-i7-5930k-gtx-970-clover.161010/
and the post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/6950x-x99-working.195416/

My Specs
GA-X99M-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
Intel® Core™ i7-6800K Processor
Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
MZVPV256HDGL (SM951)
GeForce GTX 650
Here is my clover EFI files. Hope those files could helpful to you.

Attachments

• EFI for X99M.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back