CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had my build since November 2016 but after using Mojave on another computer my eyes feel better with Dark mode. Looked through and says my 980 Ti is not supported if anybody has gone through this let me know since I assume the intel iGPU can be used. FYI I have a dual boot system with Windows & OSX on it.
Still on Sierra 10.12.1

I have had my build since November 2016 but after using Mojave on another computer my eyes feel better with Dark mode. Looked through and says my 980 Ti is not supported if anybody has gone through this let me know since I assume the intel iGPU can be used. FYI I have a dual boot system with Windows & OSX on it.
Still on Sierra 10.12.1

Please update your CPU and motherboard information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the forum rules.

Without this information we can't determine whether your CPU integrated graphics (if any) can work with Mojave.

The GTX 980 Ti is not supported in Mojave (and the just released Catalina) due to lack of Nvidia drivers.

So can I just update through the App Store to Mojave or would I need to do something else in order to get to use the integrated graphics? I do not mind not being able to use the 980 Ti since I have a Windows dual boot to make use of it.

So can I just update through the App Store to Mojave or would I need to do something else in order to get to use the integrated graphics? I do not mind not being able to use the 980 Ti since I have a Windows dual boot to make use of it.

Mojave should support your CPU integrated graphics. But you want to install Mojave over your Sierra install?

Personally, I would make a clone of your Sierra install and try to upgrade to Mojave from there. That way if the upgrade process encounters problems you can still fall back to your Sierra install. You will also need to update Clover to a more recent version (I use 4920) BEFORE the upgrade process to enable booting Mojave. I would also suggest disconnecting your Windows drives before you start the upgrade process.

I also have no idea if the presence of the GTX 980 Ti may interfere with Mojave. You may have to find a way to disable the card while running Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back