Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a gigabyte PA-55 USB revision 2 motherboard with an F6 Bios
should i update my BIOS? and I assume ill need to update my DSTS to match it
if so how do you update a BIOS on one of these boards when you dont have windows installed at all only OSX ?

cheers appreciate it
i better check for a new dtst for F9 too i suppose

edit: is this right you must have a floppy drive to use Qflash? surely not ?
i dont have one of course I thought a USB stick might work ?

A USB stick will work but first you need to enable USB Storage in the Integrated peripherals section of the bios setup. Then reboot again and run Qflash.

sevenxbb said:
A USB stick will work but first you need to enable USB Storage in the Integrated peripherals section of the bios setup. Then reboot again and run Qflash.
Awesome thanks

Thx sevenxbb :headbang:

Another thing to keep in mind. I gotta say that QFlash really sucks! Every time I've used it I end up with a double beep and have to screw around for a while to get it to boot again. This time I used the FLASHSPI utility that was packaged with the bios file from Gigabyte on a bootable USB and it worked without a hitch.

Weird... Never had issues with QFlash...

Let me put it this way. In the past couple weeks I've reflashed my bios 5 or so times. The first 4 times I used QFlash and after what looked like a successful flash I'd restart and go into the bios to load optimized settings. 2 of those times I would get a double beep and not even be able to get into the bios to load optimized settings. The other 2 times I'd get that far but after loading optimized settings and restarting I'd then get a double beep and get stuck there. I'd then have to clear cmos to be able to boot at all and try again. The last time I reflashed I used the FLASHSPI utility and had no problem at all. Coincidence? Maybe. Using Qflash anymore? NOT! :)

Lnx2Mac said:

Lnx2Mac said:

I've never had an issue either. It was quite simple actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back