CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but with the lack of new desktop hardware coming out of Apple (I was hoping to replace my mid-2012 mini), I'm seriously considering building a Hackintosh, and it would be as my main, mission-critical computer used daily in my graphic design work.

I know there are myriad variables in any build, but am I fairly safe in assuming that if I buy parts recommended in the CustoMac builds on the main site, that it should (within reason) just work, and be relatively stable?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the potentially stupid question, but with the lack of new desktop hardware coming out of Apple (I was hoping to replace my mid-2012 mini), I'm seriously considering building a Hackintosh, and it would be as my main, mission-critical computer used daily in my graphic design work.

I know there are myriad variables in any build, but am I fairly safe in assuming that if I buy parts recommended in the CustoMac builds on the main site, that it should (within reason) just work, and be relatively stable?

Thanks in advance!

Ditto... Complete newb to the Hackintosh world. I'm in the same boat. Mid-2011 mini is starting to get long in the tooth, and the current crop of desktop models does not appeal to me. Well except the Mac Pro, which is definitely out of my price range. It looks like I should be able to build my own machine for about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a Pro.

Many people make and use CustoMac computers to suit their own specification and requirements and use them daily for many uses. For graphics design work pick a core i5 or core i7 CPU.

Speaking for myself using the buyers guide and the installation guide I've had a system that's been fully stable for the last two years and is my everyday work rig. You do have to do some research but I'd certainly recommend it for people who enjoy computers.

Speaking for myself using the buyers guide and the installation guide I've had a system that's been fully stable for the last two years and is my everyday work rig. You do have to do some research but I'd certainly recommend it for people who enjoy computers.
Thanks emjay. That's great to know. I think once I've paid my tax bill at the end of January I'm going to spec and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back