Contribute
Register

Should I make my own pascal support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I had enough from all of this "not supported, not supported blah blah blah" thing.
Is that possible that if I will try very - very hard, I would somehow make my own pascal support?

I mean, if microsoft invented their own "Basic Graphic adapter", It should be possible to do that by my own...
After all it's all about 0 and 1.. no?

Or maybe I just live in a delusion... :crazy:

OK, I had enough from all of this "not supported, not supported blah blah blah" thing.
Is that possible that if I will try very - very hard, I would somehow make my own pascal support?

I mean, if microsoft invented their own "Basic Graphic adapter", It should be possible to do that by my own...

Not sure what this post is supposed to accomplish but if you can write a drive for it then by all means, go for it.

The "basic graphic adapter" is basically what we have right now in OSX; the standard VESA stuff works but you don't get any useful 3D acceleration.

Before you embark on your attempt to write a pascal driver be aware the open source linux nvidia driver still doesn't support Pascal with acceleration; all nvidia cards from maxwell on require signed firmware blobs and they have yet to provide those for most pascal architectures. Good luck.

What do you should you if you can by all means of course you should

I suspect if anyone is able to make a real life suitable software, they would have some sort of background in coding for graphic cards already. If you have that background and dedication, it may work. I suspect a hack of some sort with a current Nvidia driver would be your best bet.

Yes, it's just 0s and 1s. But the way you're asking this question makes me think that you don't have low-level programming skills in OSX (nor probably in other OSs either). Acquiring these skills would take you years, and when you have them, you wouldn't have time to apply them, because that's what happens with every big project related to non official drivers for OSX or virtualization.

Thanks guys ... I think I just buy the GTX 980 and wait until I have real money and support, and then buy a GTX 1070 or something ...
(If it will be possible in the coming years ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back