Contribute
Register

Should I just run MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer name and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
I5 2300
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, I'm having lots of trouble with my new 4530s.

It installs and works great before even using the ProBook installer 6 but when I reboot I always get the "Boot0" error.... Should I try just using multibeast instead?

Also I purchased the legit ML last night so it is 10.8.3 which the HPPBI6 does not support.. could this be causing the error? Ive read a lion fix where I install, reboot back into the UB installer unmount the drive and then punch a line or two into terminal but once I have installed the HDD it wont get back into the installer... I have to take it out and format it on my desktop hackintosh.... Please help all, Any help for an annoying Hackintosher would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm having lots of trouble with my new 4530s.

It installs and works great before even using the ProBook installer 6 but when I reboot I always get the "Boot0" error.... Should I try just using multibeast instead?

Your HDD must be a 4k/AF disk. Boot0 error is covered in step 15 of the guide. There is link there to boot0 procedure.

Also I purchased the legit ML last night so it is 10.8.3 which the HPPBI6 does not support.. could this be causing the error? Ive read a lion fix where I install, reboot back into the UB installer unmount the drive and then punch a line or two into terminal but once I have installed the HDD it wont get back into the installer... I have to take it out and format it on my desktop hackintosh.... Please help all, Any help for an annoying Hackintosher would be greatly appreciated.

There is a beta HP ProBook Installer 6.1. You should be able to still get into the OS X installer (to get to Terminal) by booting the USB stick just like you did initially to install.

Your HDD must be a 4k/AF disk. Boot0 error is covered in step 15 of the guide. There is link there to boot0 procedure.

There is a beta HP ProBook Installer 6.1. You should be able to still get into the OS X installer (to get to Terminal) by booting the USB stick just like you did initially to install.

hi thanks for the help, can you please send me links to the guide so i can look at step 15 and a link to the beta of 6.1

Thanks heaps

hi thanks for the help, can you please send me links to the guide so i can look at step 15 and a link to the beta of 6.1

Thanks heaps

Both on the first page of this forum.

any idea when the 6.1 installer might be out? I can not get this 4530s to boot with out going into F9 and using either safe mode or ignore caches?

any idea when the 6.1 installer might be out? I can not get this 4530s to boot with out going into F9 and using either safe mode or ignore caches?

If you can only boot with "-f" (Ignore Caches), then you need AHCI patch. So far, usually not needed on 10.8.3, but for 10.8.2, 10.8.1, and 10.8.0, many people need it -- it is specific to certain HDD/SSD devices.

What do you do after F9 (are you still booting from the Unibeast USB?). If so, it could be you forgot to install a boot loader, or you need to implement the boot0 fix (specific to 4K/AF disks).

No its just being totally random, last boot let me boot up with Verbose mode no issues (with the UB usb still in) and now I thought i finally fixed it and thought i should turn on and off (after using for a few hours) .... Nothing again. The pic attached is what i get in verbose mode now, other then that it just boot loops. safe mode, -f , Single user it all doest work... can't even get into the UB USB now, At least before I might have to restart but now wont go into UB at all.... Just then I tried one more thing... I pressed escape to bring up the F9 option then did verbose and now I can log in.... What should I do while I have it running?

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 221
No its just being totally random, last boot let me boot up with Verbose mode no issues (with the UB usb still in) and now I thought i finally fixed it and thought i should turn on and off (after using for a few hours) .... Nothing again. The pic attached is what i get in verbose mode now, other then that it just boot loops. safe mode, -f , Single user it all doest work... can't even get into the UB USB now, At least before I might have to restart but now wont go into UB at all.... Just then I tried one more thing... I pressed escape to bring up the F9 option then did verbose and now I can log in.... What should I do while I have it running?

Well, given that sometimes you can't get into Unibeast USB, it could be a hardware issue.
Is Windows or Linux stable on it?

Ok so here is my new method that works. I turn i on> ESC> F9> Lexar.....(UB Installer) it shows the options to go into the installer or boot the drive.....WORKS FINE!!! >:/ So for the time being I can get in and all works but I have to have that USB on me at all times. Now do you think Its a boot loader issue (stupid question I know)? The only thing I haven't tried yet is taking the USB out, F9 and then only the HDD (Names OSX) boot option will show..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back