Contribute
Register

Should I get a new wifi/BT PCIe card like Broadcom94360?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

So, I was able to load Mojave onto my old build (see my signature). I have the TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter 802.11N (N900) for wifi and its only for 'n' channel but I am getting pretty good DL speed of 100+mbps/ ul 77+MBps on a good day and ranging 60+mbps DL/ 40+mbps UL on days that we have so many devices connected. Probably 3-4 devices streaming movies and gaming. I have Fiber optic internet that is 1gbps dl speed and Nighthawk R7000. Also, is using this IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter for connecting my magic mouse, apple wireless keyboard and my mini Bose soundlink. Everything seem working. Do you think I should get the broadcom card for wifi and bluetooth so I can take adavantage of my AC wifi speed along with bluetooth handoff (what is this anyways?)? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Then a Wi-Fi 5 card with a Broadcom chip like Fenvi FV-T919 will be suitable for your internet speed. You will have to use 5 GHz which also will not interfere with its Bluetooth function.

Motherboard
asus x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9 7900x
Graphics
1070ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

Then a Wi-Fi 5 card with a Broadcom chip like Fenvi FV-T919 will be suitable for your internet speed. You will have to use 5 GHz which also will not interfere with its Bluetooth function.

Your comment is quite timely as I was just about to post about this topic. I tried 2 Fenvi FV-T919 cards. I returned them both because every time I started a new video, the bluetooth signal disconnected for a few seconds. I'm now on one of these and am experiencing the same issues.

Do you think this is because I'm not limiting wifi to 5 GHz? If so, please could you let me know how do I adjust the setting?

Thanks,

MrT

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
i7-4930K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If your motherboard has built in wifi/bt you need to disable it. If your motherboard bios has the option, great! If not, you need to disable the usb header that controls it. I had a bt conflict that gave me unstable results until i disabled my onboard intel wifi/bt. I’m using a t919

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Your comment is quite timely as I was just about to post about this topic. I tried 2 Fenvi FV-T919 cards. I returned them both because every time I started a new video, the bluetooth signal disconnected for a few seconds. I'm now on one of these and am experiencing the same issues.

Do you think this is because I'm not limiting wifi to 5 GHz? If so, please could you let me know how do I adjust the setting?

Thanks,

MrT
The signal is determined by your router. 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signal does interfere with Bluetooth as it also uses 2.4 GHz. My Bluetooth dongle works much better after I switched to a 5 GHz router.