i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Going to build a Coffee Lake system soon for High Sierra. Debating on if I should sell my 980ti and go for the RX580 since it works better with FCPX from what I hear.. thoughts?

Definitely yes.
RX 480/580 is like 6 times faster than even 1080ti in some FCP task.
I believe 9to5mac did some test.

I personally have rx 480 in one of mine hackintosh and it's working perfectly on latest Sierra.

Definitely yes.

I personally have rx 480 in one of mine hackintosh and it's working perfectly on latest Sierra.

Good to know. What's your rendering time for BruceX?

Definitely yes.

Hey, great conversation you're having here. I am a longtime user of FCPX, and I currently (as you can see) rock a GTX 970 in my rig. I plan on (at a minimum) upgrading to Z370 board (preferably Gigabyte), buying an 8700k and an RX580.

Is setup/macOS installation with said components difficult? Is there anything I should know before going about doing this? Will my RX580 work right out of the box (I know there is native support for the card in High Sierra... but to what extent?) Also, is it possible to enable Intel quick-sync/boot with the iGPU (if you know anything about that?), and if so, how?

Any response is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back