Contribute
Register

should Clover be updated to latest inside UniBeast & MultiBeast before/after using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I notice that the current versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast use Clover_v2.4k_r4045-UEFI-UB.pkg and Clover_v2.4k_r4063-UEFI.pkg, while clover is at Clover_v2.4k_r4114.

1. Should I update the files of each before using in some fashion? I notice that the package inside the latest Clover is in a different format than the Clover in either UniBeast or MultiBeast, so ... I'm not sure how to proceed or whether to leave them alone?

2. What about after using UniBeast to create the USB install - and after using MultiBeast to create my Hackintosh boot drive? Do I update Clover on the USB install or my Hackintosh boot drive - and what steps do I take to safely do this?

3. btw - I originally bought a different motherboard and processor, but have the i7-7700K and GA-Z270XP-SLI coming in on Monday, so I should be fully Kaby Lake'd. Hoping to use iMac18.3 definition as I see it's now possible.

4. One last question, as 10.12.6 is the first to fully support Kaby Lake, will UniBeast and MultiBeast be getting updates soon enough so that I should wait to install?

Last edited:
I have the same questions - am looking to build a Kaby Lake Hackintosh for video editing. As Unibeast now uses Clover, what are the advantages (if any) of creating a "Full Clover" USB to install?

I have the same questions - am looking to build a Kaby Lake Hackintosh for video editing. As Unibeast now uses Clover, what are the advantages (if any) of creating a "Full Clover" USB to install?
Both apps install Clover. The included installer package and binaries may be different from the one in the Clover source. You can inspect the results of a Multibeast or Unibeast produced Clover configuration in the target EFI partitions. If you need assistance with installation the Unibeast method may be easier for others to support.

I ended up not using UniBeast or MultiBeast. I used the latest Clover and Clover Configurator, creating the initial install with a command in terminal.

I documented my steps with a GigaByte motherboard and Kaby Lake processor here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z270xp-sli-i7-7700k-samsung-960-pro-10-12-6.228981/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z270xp-sli-i7-7700k-samsung-960-pro-10-12-6.228981/
Pay special attention to setting up your USB, which is something that RehabMan has stated MultiBeast (at least the version before this week's version, haven't looked at any changes that have been made) will setup incorrectly causing buffer overflows - as it enables all the USB ports, when only 15 can be enabled (and a USB3 contains 2 ports).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back