Not open for further replies.
i have
4670k i5
z87x ud3h
8gb ADATA xpg 1600 ram 2x4
h100i
corsair 750 gold
asus gtx 780 direct cu ii oc (rev-A)
i would like help from all of you on how to set it up from scratch, ill be home in 3 days and all my stuff is still in the boxes, i have not done nothing yet, first ill install
win 8.1pro on my ssd and get all of that out the way,
i plan to install mavericks on an hdd all on its own, of course with the help of my 16 gb flash stick, i plan to be able to boot between win & osx i just need step buy step of what to do setting up the hackintosh side of things.
also will should i update my bios to m8 or the latest? and will any of this affect me when i boot into window, like bios version & bios setting for osx?

Just started getting EBIOS read error: Media error
Block 0x620168

I can't boot into my mavericks SSD but I can boot fine into windows.

Cany anyone help? I've tried resetting bios and everything but still get the error.

Edit: thanks to @wildwillow I was able to resolve the problem.Turns out something happened to my WD blue that was preventing Mavericks from booting. I reformatted/wiped it in windows, then was able to boot back into mavericks so i could format it and use it for OS X.

Any upgrade about freezes after Yosemite?

With the Beta Version I had no one freeze (F10 and Mod-Version), neither with Mavericks. With the Final I cannot use the System because of the Freeze. Then I tried F10a, F10a Mod and now I've the F9 and it seems to work. I hope this. :beachball:

Edit: I had freezes with the USB-Drive..

Any upgrade about freezes after Yosemite?

With the Beta Version I had no one freeze (F10 and Mod-Version), neither with Mavericks. With the Final I cannot use the System because of the Freeze. Then I tried F10a, F10a Mod and now I've the F9 and it seems to work. I hope this. :beachball:

Edit: I had freezes with the USB-Drive..
No freezes here

Which Bios-Version do you have?

Which Bios-Version do you have?
oops , I no longer have the GA board but still subscribed via email. :/
Have you tried clover ?

Sorry for the question: Why should I try clover? What is the difference?

Sorry for the question: Why should I try clover? What is the difference?
I just like to share my experience.

Some time ago I also had a GA Board and experienced freezes when using 32 GIG Ram.
People told me that it is the BIOS , that I have to manually adjust RAM frequencies and that I need Hasswell ready Hardware.
After the first setup seamed to be incompatible I returned all parts and ordered certified RAM, PSU again.
I experienced the same freezes.

I returned all parts again and tried a ASUS Board instead and experienced the same freezes.

Than some suggested me to try Clover.

Form that day I never had any freezes again.

Thats why I suggest trying Clover :thumbup:

I just like to share my experience.

Some time ago I also had a GA Board and experienced freezes when using 32 GIG Ram.
People told me that it is the BIOS , that I have to manually adjust RAM frequencies and that I need Hasswell ready Hardware.
After the first setup seamed to be incompatible I returned all parts and ordered certified RAM, PSU again.
I experienced the same freezes.

I returned all parts again and tried a ASUS Board instead and experienced the same freezes.

Than some suggested me to try Clover.

Form that day I never had any freezes again.

Thats why I suggest trying Clover :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply!

Then, if I have just one freeze with the F9 Version that I have just installed, I will try clover! I will update my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back