Contribute
Register

Short's Beastly Build - i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 770 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo was disabled, but with f8m mavericks always recognized the CPU as 3.89... I also tried AutoTune to fix the fans, but it was never as nice as the default f8k and there was some sort of bug in one of the startup programs that AutoTune ran that caused Windows to hang. So... I'm back to f8k. In Mavericks I get an 8x multiplier all the time with f8k, with the CPU at 3.49ghz with Mac 3,1. I might try Imac 14,1 at some point... thanks for the suggestion.

Not sure what you referring to when you mention Turbo CPU states are disabled. Apparently it is not. I booted to Windows 7 64 bit. Nothing there, works as usual. CPU is correctly recognized at 3.5 GHz.

Hi all,
Hi Short,

do you confirm, now the stability works well with the new bios f8k (or m) ?

i have so much same freezes problems with a z87ud5th, tha'ts why i wondered if i change for the ud3h cause i dont have a time to wait a new bios. my dealer is ok.
so i want to be sure if now 32gb at 1600mhz are usable.

thank you.

Sam
Hi samtimbaud,
after updating to F8k/m BIOS, everything is working perfectly :thumbup:

Not sure what you referring to when you mention Turbo CPU states are disabled. Apparently it is not. I booted to Windows 7 64 bit. Nothing there, works as usual. CPU is correctly recognized at 3.5 GHz.

I had issues with the CPU always being 3.89ghz in Mavericks (which would be Turbo even though it was disabled) while it was correctly represented as 3.5ghz in Windows (when Turbo was off) with f8m -- for me, f8k has been better and more stable.

Suggestion for a tweak of the BIOS.

Problem: Front USB port causes random BSOD when drive inserted on Windows or a system freeze on Mac. Also on Mac, system shuts down before fully loading when USB drive is present or while booting from USB on front ports.

Fix: Change USB Legacy Support to Disabled in BIOS.

@Sipala93: I have never experienced any issues like that, so I can't really help you. Sorry ^^

Ok, no problem! Someone could help me please? :)

Ok, no problem! Someone could help me please? :)

This is my first build too and i had a lot of issue as while. we have similar builds so here we go

1. Just update BIOS to latest beta F8m/k and follow part 1 of the guide

2. be sure to update to the latest firmware for samsung evo 120gb(easier with win 7/8) if you haven't already.
if you don'thave a window installation cd/thumbdrive the only way to update is to burn it to a cd for mac.

download link
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/samsungssd/downloads.html

3. follow part 2 of the guide but i would remove 8gb of ram and ignore 2.2 until you after install multibeast (optional). Before you leave the BIOS disable VT-d (The k (unlocked) processors don't have VT-d so they don't need to do anything. But since you're is a locked one, you will need to disable it.)

Then follow the rest of the guide but use your own Multibeast configurations for your system(everybody system is different) and don't forget trim for SSD.

Really can't help with the graphic card w/o error message should have native support
The sound be sure to use ALC898 and HDAenabler in multibeast and try the black port as well.

Hope all goes well.:)

Have followed this build pretty closely, as my cpu mono combo is the same.
With the same multi beast settings I have no ethernet. It just continually says not connected, and I have just updated Bios to F7.
Any suggestions?

No problem, gleggie-- trying to give back to the forum because the help has been invaluable for me!:D

I have my system up and running now. After reinistalling Mavericks from a fresh copy from Apple, I have solved my issues. Currently running dual boot Windows 7 64 and Mavericks 10.9.1.

Amazing really... definitely the way to go instead of buying a $3K Mac trashcan unless you are independently wealthy! :lol: I am running 4K 2160p streams perfectly without dropped frames. Using stock settings without overclocking, I'm getting over 90fps rating in Cinebench. That totally blows the trashcan out of the water... best score I've seen from the upper end D700 AMD is 74fps!

Regarding audio, I did have issues with the 10.9.1 update. I got it to work by installing 10.9 with unibeast installer, updating to 10.9.1 via the Apple update package, and then running Multibeast with Short's config. I tried running Multibeast after installing 10.9, and then updating to 10.9.1, but no audio even after I re-ran Multibeast after the 1.9.1 update. Hope that helps with audio problems.

wow!

your gpu is EVGA GeForce GTX 770 FTW 4GB ?

Any compatibility issues ?

my configuration:

gigabyte z87xud3h
i7 4770k
hd4600
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

i'll be using FCPX 10.1 and Davinci Resolve 10.

thank you

Hi Short,
where you downloaded the F8 for the Z87X-UD3H,
I have searched but can not find!
you let any special settings? SSDT or DSDT?

I also have Random Freezing :S

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back