Contribute
Register

Short's Beastly Build - i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 770 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question about the power managment. I can confirm that the Apple Store will let you make a USB copy of Mavericks. I was just there yesterday; a few others were doing it. If anyone is going to do that, all you need to do is drag the Installer App onto your USB, then drag that into your App folder. I'm going to reinstall my system using Unibeast and the fresh Apple Store download. Earlier I had tried using Unibeast, but it came back with errors. I presume the download from my old mac before it died had some errors...

The only issue I'm having with Mavericks using Short's settings is that I have to boot with -f otherwise it hangs on the USB installation saying something like it can't get enough power. Not sure if this is because my install was from a corrupted copy of Mavericks or not... BTW, happy new year everyone!!

I have a very similar build. Only difference is RAM and PSU brand.

My issue is a persistent freeze issue that occurs after using the computer for a while. When the freeze happens, I am not able to interact with anything on the screen, but am able to move my mouse around. If I unplug my mouse and plug it back in, the mouse cursor is unable to move anymore. It also fails to respond to other inputs (keyboard, wacom tablet, etc). The only thing that solves it is a forced restart.

I notice that, strangely, I'm able to access my hackintosh's files from another computer over the network while this is happening.

Any ideas? I had a freeze issue linked to the internal graphics chip and have seemed to fix THAT, but I am still having this stupid issue. I've updated to F8K.

Hi Short, I tried to follow your guide but I always had problems. I don't know why, I follow a lot of different guides from different threads but my hackintosh doesn't work. I have problems with audio, with the bootloader (my SSD doesn't boot, it boots only with the USB installer and it boots only with -x) and with the graphic card. I have got a ASUS GTX 680, it is compatible with Mavericks 10.9.1. The graphic card works but when i drop windows there are graphic errors. I followed your guide step-by-step but id doesn't work. Could you help me please?

This is my configuration:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
Processor: i7 4770
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz (4x4)
SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB
Graphic card: ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II OC

In Mavericks settings, in audio, it says that there aren't output diveces.

Thank you very much, have a nice day! :)

Hey short, thanks for the guide! I followed everything and i'm booted up succesfully!

Only minor issue is that when I boot up, I get a black screen with a lot of computer text that runs down the screen for about 10 seconds or so. Then it boots up fine into Mavericks. I don't need to touch anything and it boots fine but I was just wondering if this is normal/is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Thanks again!

Hey short, thanks for the guide! I followed everything and i'm booted up succesfully!

Only minor issue is that when I boot up, I get a black screen with a lot of computer text that runs down the screen for about 10 seconds or so. Then it boots up fine into Mavericks. I don't need to touch anything and it boots fine but I was just wondering if this is normal/is there anything I can do to get rid of it?
Thanks again!

Shorts has -v mode enabled on chimera which is why you are seeing the text. If it annoys you, you can change it by editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist located in /Extra on your system drive -- just double click it to open in a text editor and then save. Delete the Kernel Flags entry for -v, and it should boot without the text when you reboot.

[codebox]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>[/codebox]

(not sure that will look exactly right, but you can delete the entire entry from key to /string.

Shorts has -v mode enabled on chimera which is why you are seeing the text. If it annoys you, you can change it by editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist located in /Extra on your system drive -- just double click it to open in a text editor and then save. Delete the Kernel Flags entry for -v, and it should boot without the text when you reboot.

[codebox]<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>[/codebox]

(not sure that will look exactly right, but you can delete the entire entry from key to /string.

Thanks!

No problem, gleggie-- trying to give back to the forum because the help has been invaluable for me!:D

I have my system up and running now. After reinistalling Mavericks from a fresh copy from Apple, I have solved my issues. Currently running dual boot Windows 7 64 and Mavericks 10.9.1.

Amazing really... definitely the way to go instead of buying a $3K Mac trashcan unless you are independently wealthy! :lol: I am running 4K 2160p streams perfectly without dropped frames. Using stock settings without overclocking, I'm getting over 90fps rating in Cinebench. That totally blows the trashcan out of the water... best score I've seen from the upper end D700 AMD is 74fps!

Regarding audio, I did have issues with the 10.9.1 update. I got it to work by installing 10.9 with unibeast installer, updating to 10.9.1 via the Apple update package, and then running Multibeast with Short's config. I tried running Multibeast after installing 10.9, and then updating to 10.9.1, but no audio even after I re-ran Multibeast after the 1.9.1 update. Hope that helps with audio problems.

Gigabyte just posted new F8m BIOS for our MB. Sure enough, now all CPU power states are enabled. In previous F8 BIOS, Turbo states were disabled, possibly due to stability issues. Will see if it works without freezes now... Played HL2 (Mac version) for 30 mins - no any issues.

Interesting, OS X reports my CPU at 3.9GHz on F8m vs. 3.5GHz on F8k

I've flashed over to the new beta bios -- performance improvements in Mavericks. I went to 101fps in Cinebench! Mavericks shows my CPU as 3.89ghz -- Windows still as 3.5ghz, no difference in performance that I see so far. Fans on my case are considerably more noisy (my major gripe at the moment). System still seems stable.

@bigmacs: Maybe a look in this thread will help.

@Sipala93: I have never experienced any issues like that, so I can't really help you. Sorry ^^

@gleggie: I uploaded a new MultiBeast configuration file (MB 6.1) and have disabled verbose boot as it seems I'm the only one to find that feature useful :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back