i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First I'd like to thank everyone in the tonymacx86's forum. You guys are doing a great job sharing successful experiences and difficulties, as I'll do now. They save some good time!

So, first of all I'll try to keep this thread simple and if you need any extra info I'll be glad to help.
You can take a peek at my EFI folder down below and suit yourself with what's needed for this config to run.

upload_2018-11-8_23-17-42.png

My setup:
  • Dual boot on same SSD: macOS 10.13.6 with Security Update 2018-002 (updated straight from 10.13.4 via App Store) + Windows 10
  • i7 8700 Coffee Lake UHD 630 + DeepCool Maelstrom 240T
  • Motherboard Gigabyte Z370M D3H (BIOS on version F7) mATX + Realtek ALC892
  • 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Lpx DDR4
  • 250GB Samsung Evo 960 M.2 + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
  • NVIDIA Zotac GTX 1080 TI
  • Dell 27" S2716DG G-SYNC Monitor 144Hz
  • TP Link TL-WN881ND (Shitty card, planning to upgrade to a wifi+bt4.1 solution)
  • IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB dongle (model GBU521W6)
  • Power Supply EVGA 750W
  • Logitech K375s + Razer Deathadder 3.5g
  • Chassis Thermaltake View 27
Tools important for the build:
  • Clover Configurator (to update the config.plist)
  • Clover bootloader v2.4k r4741 (No issues with this version)
  • "Webdriver All Versions" (a german app to force a nvidia driver installation, even if incompatible with current OS version)
  • WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.108 (Nvidia driver compatible with the 10.13.6 w/ security update 2018-002)
  • Clover Theme Manager (fancy stuff...)
  • /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder containing these files (you can find them in the attached zip file):
    • apfs.efi
    • ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
    • AppleImageCodec-64.efi
    • AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
    • AppleUITheme-64.efi
    • DataHubDxe-64.efi
    • FirmwareVolume-64.efi
    • FSInject-64.efi
    • NvmExpressDxe-64.efi
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
    • OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
    • SMCHelper-64.efi
    • VBoxHfs-64.efi
  • /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder containing these files (also inside the zip file attached):
    • AppleALC.kext
    • FakeSMC.kext
    • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
    • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
    • IO80211Family.kext
    • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    • Lilu.kext
    • WhateverGreen.kext

What's working:
  • It boots with no issues (SMBIOS set to iMac18,3)
  • All USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports (The MB has one USB-C port, but I don't have a device to test it)
  • Nvidia hardware acceleration and apps running smoothly on 144Hz
  • G-Sync seems to be working fine (When activated on 10.13.4 it would freeze the system. I didn't try any games on mac yet though. I'll update the thread when I test any.)
  • Sound I/O + HDMI and DisplayPort sound using monitor's audio jack
  • Ethernet
  • iMessage, iCloud, Facetime
  • Xcode + Device Simulator
  • It sleeps and awakes (with a short delay though)
What doesn't work or isn't 100%: :cry:
  • Wifi isn't working. Hoping for a fix for TP Link TL-WN881ND (it was working on 10.13.4, with a fix)
  • Handoff/Continuity (Besides the wifi adapter, I believe my BT dongle needs some workaround for that to work)
  • Because of problem above, Console frequently prints errors coming from wirelessproxd and sharingd
  • Whatsapp Web shows some faded box glitches sometimes, nothing terrible. They usually go away.

I won't go too much in detail on how I installed everything, cause this was an update straight from the App Store.

To install the previous version (10.13.4) I just followed the main guide thread. After the system launched, I used the Clover configurator to mount the EFI partition, copy files and modify the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (you can always use the terminal as well to mount the EFI: first type diskutil list then diskutil mount disk#s# replacing '#' with the correspondent numbers for the EFI volume).

upload_2018-11-8_23-18-16.png

USB Fix and External Drives icon fix

upload_2018-11-8_23-18-23.png

Audio output fix and BT fix (which isn't working for me, ignore it)

Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope this can be helpful to someone :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    42.6 MB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:
Thanks @meendoo for your report. Did you got similar issues ? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/z370m-d3h-unable-to-pass-end-randomseed.264759/
I don't get why a same MB and same EFI can give two different results. Maybe bios settings are different ?

I've also been through that. It was hard to really diagnose what caused the problem in my case, cause at the same time I updated the macOS I also did update the clover boot loader version, and after the first restart I had no idea who's fault was. What actually made it work for me was messing with the files on /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder. I had an older Clover Boot Loader + High Sierra install (10.13.4) in a USB flash drive that was making it possible to boot and try different configs.

My suggestion: backup your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder and replace it with mine, just to give it a shot. If possible (later on) install Clover boot loader v2.4k r4741. I'm pretty confident that this will solve your issue.

Btw, my motherboard BIOS version is F7 (just added this to the first post). They just released F10 version, which I haven't tried yet.

Last edited:
have practically successfully installed the nvidia system and drivers.

I used multibeast..as an Ethernet driver I used intel drivers (while you realtek) and the internet goes very slow and the connection fails.
The biggest problem, however, is that the system seems to be slow, the icons when they are slow when they move and everything seems slightly jerky, in fact the videos don't go smoothly ..
I don't understand what it can be!

I would like to try your EFI folder since we have everything the same, what guide did you use? Thank you!
@meendoo

I actually didn't pick one specific guide. I researched many topics here in the forum to get it working. I'm currently using NVIDIA drivers 387.10.10.10.40.108 and my High Sierra is still on 10.13.6. Have you injected IntelMausiEthernet.kext?

I managed to install Mac os High sierra 10.13.3. So as a nvidia driver I could only install this one. WebDriver-387.10.10.10.25.156 As for the intel driver I installed it via multibeast ... you instead put it in the Kext folder inside the efi partition right? In case I try a tariff like you did..I think I can do it, the only thing I didn't understand is what to do with the configuration controller when I installed everything! I mean, that's not how values change by tariff.

in theory, if I copy your EFI folder into my EFI partition it should work no? we have the same configuration :)

How did you get yourself popped up in the system information "iMac Retina 5K?

Under the section SMBIOS inside Clover Configurator you can pick a mac. I've chosen iMac18,3 and auto-generated values for serial, etc.

where is the download for Webdriver All Versions" installer? I have 10.3.4 and everything working except g-sync . I saw a post to use an earlier web driver version; but it will not let me install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back