Graphics
nVidia GT 520M 1 GB GDDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello. I have a hackintosh system with windows installed in one ssd and ML in one hdd.
I've partitioned my hdd having 1 hfs partition for ML and another one in NTFS to share data with Windows. But no matter if I use tuxera or paragon ntfs, it doen't work properly. It corrupts data between both OS. Is there any reliable way to do this?

I've tried with exFat, but it doen't work too.
When i copy some files with ML and then go to Windows, my files are disappeared. I don't know if it must be something related with cluster size (I'm using default cluster size). But it's not reliable at all. I can't work that way.
Could anybody help me? I don't know what to do now!

Thank you everybody!!!

(BTW: I've bought an i5 4430, Gigabyte h87-hd3, and SSD Kingston v300 120g that i can't wait them to arrive!! They will be here on thursday! :D )

(sorry for my English)

Hola, tengo un sistema hackintosh con windows instalado en un ssd y ML en un hdd. HE particionado mi hdd teniendo una partició hfs para mountain lion y otra en ntfs para compartir datos con windows. Pero no importa si uso tuxera o paragon ntfs, que no funciona correctamente. Me corrompe los datos entre ambos sistemas. Hay alguna forma fiable de hacer esto?

He intentado con exfat, pero tampoco funciona.
Cuando copio algunos archivos con ML y luego voy a Windows, mis archivos han desaparecido. No se si tiene que ser por algo relacionado con el tamaño del cluster (uso el tamaño predeterminado). Pero no es nada fiable, no puedo trabajar así.
Alguien me ayuda? No se qué hacer ya!

Gracias a todos!

(PD: he comprado un i5 4430, una Gigabyte h87-hd3, y un kingston ssd v300 230g que me llegarán el jueves! :D )

Hello. I have a hackintosh system with windows installed in one ssd and ML in one hdd.
I've partitioned my hdd having 1 hfs partition for ML and another one in NTFS to share data with Windows. But no matter if I use tuxera or paragon ntfs, it doen't work properly. It corrupts data between both OS. Is there any reliable way to do this?

I've tried with exFat, but it doen't work too.
When i copy some files with ML and then go to Windows, my files are disappeared. I don't know if it must be something related with cluster size (I'm using default cluster size). But it's not reliable at all. I can't work that way.
Could anybody help me? I don't know what to do now!

Thank you everybody!!!

(BTW: I've bought an i5 4430, Gigabyte h87-hd3, and SSD Kingston v300 120g that i can't wait them to arrive!! They will be here on thursday! :D )

(sorry for my English)
your English is just fine, don't worry about it.
How large are the files you are sharing? Under 4Go?
How large is the "shared" file drive? Under 2 To?

For sharing files under 4Go in size between OS X and Windows (any version) - recommend you get a HDD smaller than 2To and format it MBR partition tables with MSDOS FAT using the OS X disk utility.
Larger than 2To, you cannot use MBR partition tables - you must use GUID. You can then read/write to the drive from both OS's. If you just want to keep the files separate between OS's create 3 partitions - one for each OS and one for shared files. Size partitions for your storage needs.
For instance - on a 2To HDD used for storage, format the drive MBR partition tables, partition in 3 parts -
800Go format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for OS X files
800Go format MSDOS FAT for Windows Files (reformat in Windows disk management to NTFS or use your favorite disk management app)
less than 400Go rest of drive format MSDOS FAT for a shared partition.

Will I be able to install Mountain Lion in a MBR partition?
My hdd is 1TB. Now I have:
-2 hfs+ partitions. 1 for the main Mountain Lion installation, and the other to do backups with CCC.
-1 in NTFS. This one is the one that I'd like to share.

In another hard drive (120GB ssd) is Windows installed.

My files will be over 4GB. It can't be FAT.

I had understood that you can't install MacOSX in one MBR partition...

Thank you very much!!!

Will I be able to install Mountain Lion in a MBR partition?
My hdd is 1TB. Now I have:
-2 hfs+ partitions. 1 for the main Mountain Lion installation, and the other to do backups with CCC.
-1 in NTFS. This one is the one that I'd like to share.

In another hard drive (120GB ssd) is Windows installed.

My files will be over 4GB. It can't be FAT.

I had understood that you can't install MacOSX in one MBR partition...

Thank you very much!!!
Sorry, misunderstood - thought OS's were on separate SSDs.
OS X has to be installed on GUID partition. With files over 4GB in size, you are correct - FAT will not work. Have you tried downloading the BootCamp drivers and installing them?

I think i've found the solution, but i'm not sure yet, so I'm going to do some tests and if i confirm my solution (and even if I don't confirm it) I'll post it here.
Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back