MS Office 2011 (work)
MPlayerX
Parallels Desktop
Picasa
QGIS
TeamViewer
TextWrangler
Tunnelblick
UnRarX (when somebody sends me RAR archives, grrrrrr!)
xVideServiceThief

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular Apps:
At any given time, regardless of which machine I'm on, I typically have these guys open:
OS X Mail - 4 Mail Accounts
Chrome
Tweetbot

~~~~~~~

Anyone that's wondering, Tweetbot is worth the $20.

1/screenflow (screen record, audio record, video editing)
2/audiojack pro (audio record fron any app)
3/ Amadeus pro (audio editing)
4/ Batchmod (users permissions manager)

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Stellarium
LRTimelapse 3
Final Cut Pro X
Pages
Keynote
MS Excel
VLC
Music Box of Meo
AutoCad 2014
Mail
Safari

LP

LiveCode - Remember when you could make / program your own stuff with HyperCard? Well, if Apple had continued to advance HyperCard, this is what it would be today.

http://www.livecode.com/

Many have been mentioned.

Here are some I didn't see, that I really like.

Airparrot : Provides Airplay for those hackintoshes that are not Airplay enabled.
Duplicate Finder: Searches more than just photo duplicates, tried several, this is one is the best IMHO.
ShowHiddenFiles: Self-explanatory.
TorBrowser: hmmm... you figure it out. ;-)
VPNOneClick: If you are outside the usa and are blocked from viewing certain website/content/videos, this is the simplest way to access them, plus anonymity when needed. You need to pay for the service though. But it's really easy to use. Works on IOS devices also.
Hyperdock: sorta like a windows 7 preview for the dock, open apps have a preview thumbnail when you hover their icon on the dock.
FolderWatch: Synchronizes folders across several HDD, good for files/data back up.
Find Any File : finds everything including hidden files.

I also need to mention an IOS app I like. Apple remote, lets you use your ipad's big keyboard as a keyboard for AppleTV. No need for a bluetooth keyboard connected to your AppleTV.

Last edited:
Not Mac Specific, goes on everything I can find a version for.

The most useful file manager for any computer system

MC

A.K.A. Midnite Commander You either love it or hate it (until you need it).

To do a quick Internet search with different search engines, even directly on your favorite site:
- Monocle
- Alfred
I've been using Monocle for years, it's free.
Alfred can do a lot more things.

I second someone who mentioned Keyboard Maestro (shortcut manager with apps, scripts & shells management, to name a few...), as indispensable as Launchbar in my workflow!
Launchbar and Alfred are somehow similar for the launching operations but I prefer how Launchbar works.

I haven't seen many mention Dragthing, that allows you to have drawers all around the screen to access your favorite folders/files/apps. There's an Apps drawer to easily switch, hide, quit or force quit your apps.

One that I keep on using in Mavericks although it's not supported anymore is Maxmenus, basically the same thing as Dragthing but from a tiny dot in a corner or (before Mavericks) in the empty part of the menubar. To bring back that function to Mavericks, I use Finderpop, a venerable ancester amongst Mac apps, that can do other great little things.
EDIT: I was forgetting Application Wizard, another approach in apps management, that allows you creating a shortcut to show different menus for launching/quitting apps, your preferred folders, etc. Note that Maxmenus also allows the use of shortcuts for the same matter.

I can't believe noone mentioned Filebuddy!!!??? Indispensable to change info on files or searching for them by their characteristics. :thumbup:

Back