MplayerX
Burn
JDownloader
Xcode
TextWrangler
Carbon Copy Cloner
AppCleaner
iStats Pro Widget

Great topic. I have really benefited from this thread, Thanks!
One program that I have used for some time now and have not seen listed is pyTivoX.

For the tivo users out there, this makes it really easy to get video from your Hack to your tivo.

Some interesting titles for me to explore in here! Thanks :))

Here are some of my favourites for others to investigate:

EasyCrop - seriously good, quick and functional image cropper.

Extensis Portfolio (Client) - very stable image cataloguing app. Has never crashed on me, unlike other apps when they hit a graphic they don't understand...

Wallet - by Acrylic Software. Password repository.

Delicious Library - one of the best showcase apps to let people see what working on a Mac is like!

LittleSnapper - screen capture library

Scrivener - all kinds of writing projects

iWork - Pages and Numbers. THE office apps

:)

my favorite app is fidelia .you can purchase this in the app store
it playes all lossless codecs(flac alac ogg etc.)
very high end sound....waaaay better than iTunes
it will play audio files as high as 196kb streams(24bit)..
highly recommended for audiophiles that use pc's(osx)for music...
flac files sound amazing with this app....
if u r a audio geek this is highly recommended....
:D .... :thumbup: ....

note with hires files it sounds like sacd.....u have to hear it to believe it...
that said u still need a decent sound setup...
i use krell pre and amp(hts-pre ksa-250 amp) into magnepan 3.5 panels
13k in dollars.....worth every penny

Amarra!!! (Hi-Fi music player)

Beat all the software which play the music / _> \

Trillian is the best all-in-one IM application nowadays, both for Windows and OS X (IMHO). Adium was my previous choice but I'd got tired of it's bugs. I don't know it's current situation.

VLC has still no rival in it's area. MPLayer variants are feature poor beneath VLC.

Safari is the fastest browser on OS X but lacks many things Firefox & Chrome have, especially add-ons.

Logic is awesome with Ableton Live. Reason as well.

Lightroom beats Aperture.
All other Adobe applications are already rock solid (Photoshop, After Effects etc.).

Microsoft's Office suit was slow as hell until the 2011 version. iWork is very elegant but the rest of the world still uses MS-Office or Libre Office. Plus it is OS X only (like Logic).

Final Cut Pro was a masterpiece until the hideous X version. Nobody uses it except the golden 9 series.

No need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader as OS X supports PDF files out of the box.

And my last discovery is Clementine of course. It's definitely the best audio player on OS X (and Linux and Windows). It's open source and a fork of the legendary Amarok 1.4 audio player from the KDE Linux world and uses processing resources very low. Plays almost every audio format including FLAC and DOES NOT IMPORT the songs you play into somewhere on the library without asking to the user. Songbird fails the mission becuse it's very processing power and RAM hungry and sluggish. iTunes is only used for my iPad. Nothing else.

By the way, Clementine plays 24bit, 192 Khz audio successfully and IT IS FREE (free on both freedom and free not to pay any bucks).

PIEZO :thumbup: Piezo makes it a snap to record audio on your Mac. In seconds, you'll be recording audio from any application or from audio inputs like microphones. Piezo requires almost no configuration, and it's a blast to use! Simple and inexpensive - that's a winning combination.

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/41057/piezo :D

Attachments

• piezo.png
    piezo.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 887
Back