Contribute
Register

Share your favorite Mac OS X software

Only 2 peices of software that I've fallen in love with

Corel Painter 11: A painting programme which emulates real brushes etc (lots of you may use Adobe as an alternative). Whilst I was using this on the PC prior to porting to a hackintosh, the improvement I noticed when running on OSX made the whole process definately worth it. I have been using Corel for years now, but have recently got back into it follow the change.

Splashtop Remote - needs Soundflower for sound but allows you to remote onto your Mac from an iPad both locally and remotely, its the best remote desktop utility ive used so far for the iPad.

Other than that im still new and think Ill give a few of these programmes a try :)

Spongeali said:
Splashtop Remote - needs Soundflower for sound but allows you to remote onto your Mac from an iPad both locally and remotely, its the best remote desktop utility ive used so far for the iPad.

Other than that im still new and think Ill give a few of these programmes a try :)

I have to go get Splashtop remote... like, right now.

Ok guys, very nice list!

Here another app that's probably becoming more important over the next year and made me build this small hackintosh.
(I first wanted to use the hackintosh for being a server, now I'm selling my old 1Gen MacPro and I hope to build from its money my new hackintosh- thank you all of you! It's great to know you - thank you very much :D)

Plex
In my opinion the best way to have your media (newest version just movies) organised.
It's free and it really is is to use and does a great job.

http://plexapp.com/

I VPN to work every day, but we use Windows software so I have to use VirtualBox and VPN through windows.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

@Plex

Boxee over Plex for one reason. The Remote app.

Boxee does everything Plex does but Plex remote app for your phone is weak, Boxee has a nicer remote.

Ty

Google Chrome
AppCleaner
Yahoo Messenger
Transmission
Picasa
StuffIt
Photoshop CS5
CandyBar
iStat Menu
VLC
Movist
iShowU HD
SizzlingKeys

@@ 3tybagig

I'm not sure what you mean. Well I just tried it on an iPad (which I sold) but I can also watch my media on the ipad directly streamd from the server. And I can access it from everywhere! Plex Scanner also do a great job. And the Plexapp ist very nice to handle - but I must admit I haven't yet used the boxee app (no device).
I'm controlling it with a logitech harmony what is working perfectly!

But if you say boxee can do more, I will have a look at this software again.

CS5 Master Collection
VirtualBox
OpenOffice
Transmission
Firefox
VLC

Sparrow (GMail client)
Sparrow-Mail-logo.png

App Store link

Using this mail client for about 3-4 months now and it's really great. Very user-friendly interface, shortcuts, starred mail, labels.. just try it! There's also a light version in the App Store.

xgxe7

Fileshuttle (Easy, FREE webspace file uploader)
fileshuttle_c4b4.png

Website link

This app is almost the same as Cloud App and Droplr but with this you can upload files to your own webspace which results in super fast uploads, no file limitations, no site links but real (direct) links to files for use on forums etc. Automatic clipboard catching, automatic file shortening. Really handy app!

Back