Contribute
Register

Shaky screen on grey background

Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly is possible that stock (with not having changed to a full hd display) 4530s could have different types of screens. You can check yours in OSX by using the following command:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6[/FONT][/COLOR]
(in Terminal, obviously)

Mine is SAMSUNG 156AT05-307.

Also, check the pictures on http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

SAMSUNG
156AT05-307

on the other site, picture 1 has a very slight flicker if i look closely, 7b has an obvious flicker.

Image attached below...
Its a disaster with Chrome, Safari and even Preview. While in windows 7 i see no crazy flickering. Neither do i see it on my Desktop (nvidia 9500gt) hack.

I think it might be a "feature" of Intel OSX drivers, maybe someone with a intel desktop graphic could try this too.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,004
This is the worse I saw so far.
Its a disaster with Chrome, Safari and even Preview. While in windows 7 i see no crazy flickering. Neither do i see it on my Desktop (nvidia 9500gt) hack.

I think it might be a "feature" of Intel OSX drivers, maybe someone with a intel desktop graphic could try this too.

Your link is broken.

It works for me, anyways I attached the image.

Image attached below...

Very clearly can see the flicker on my laptop display.
On my desktop (HD3K to DisplayPort 2560x1600 Dell U3011) there is no flicker.
Also on the laptop, no flicker to external monitor via HDMI (HD3K to Dell U2410).

So, this is something LVDS specific. Maybe not using the EDID information properly?

Very clearly can see the flicker on my laptop display.
On my desktop (HD3K to DisplayPort 2560x1600 Dell U3011) there is no flicker.
Also on the laptop, no flicker to external monitor via HDMI (HD3K to Dell U2410).

So, this is something LVDS specific. Maybe not using the EDID information properly?
Yup, same results here.
Hmm, its a problem that is common with macbook air/pro (with intel graphics) too. So it is hard to blame it on the EDID I guess. The only pattern that I see is "internal display (LVDS) & intel graphic".

Yup, same results here.
Hmm, its a problem that is common with macbook air/pro (with intel graphics) too. So it is hard to blame it on the EDID I guess. The only pattern that I see is "internal display (LVDS) & intel graphic".

Hmmm... You've seen reports of this on real Apple laptops?

I just connected to an external Samsung monitor (through VGA), and there's no flickering. So, it's definitely something specific to our laptop screens.

Are you sure you guys this occurs even on the HD screens? I'll keep researching this problem for a while.

Are you sure you guys this occurs even on the HD screens? I'll keep researching this problem for a while.

Yes. I tried playing with -vsync -hsync params in EDID using SwitchResX and didn't make any headway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back