Motherboard
Asus TUF Z370-Pro Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am looking for a used small form factor system. It's primarily gonna be used for surfing the web and iMessage.

What would you recommend?
Will a Intel NUC DC3217IYE do?

I would prefer to run the latest version of MacOS.

The NUCs work with macOS. They are more complicated to setup and configure and cost much more than the Dell 7010 USFF. The Dells have larger cases and are much heavier if that matters. You would use the latest Mojave via HD4000 graphics. The 7010 gives you a desktop Core i5 yet it will still run cooler and quieter than the NUC.

Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...plex-7010-9010-desktop-pc-revision-ii.251736/

The HP 8300 USFF is also fairly small, although not NUC tiny, but cheap and well supported - many threads on these forums and video guides etc.

I am looking for a used small form factor system. It's primarily gonna be used for surfing the web and iMessage.

What would you recommend?
Will a Intel NUC DC3217IYE do?

I would prefer to run the latest version of MacOS.

If you are looking for the smallest hackintosh you can get, get something like an HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Mini. Follow the 8300 guide for the installation process

I already had a OptiPlex 7010 hidden away in a closet. It had a terrible i3-3220 cpu with HD2500 GPU. Today I picked up a i5-3570K asa a replacement- and Mojave is installing now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back