Contribute
Register

Several issues getting High Sierra working (Laptop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xImMoRtALitYx

Helly guys, I have several issues getting everything working in High Sierra. Should I open several threads or can I include them all in one?
One of this issues is, that I am not able to fix the HDMI connection. If I connect a cable to a monitor, it shows that there is no signal. I think it has something to do with my graphics card. On the support page of HP it shows up as dedicated graphics, so it should not work in High Sierra.
Do you have any ideas how I can fix the HDMI port or the GPU connection that it will work? If you need any files feel free to ask.

Helly guys, I have several issues getting everything working in High Sierra. Should I open several threads or can I include them all in one?
One of this issues is, that I am not able to fix the HDMI connection. If I connect a cable to a monitor, it shows that there is no signal. I think it has something to do with my graphics card. On the support page of HP it shows up as dedicated graphics, so it should not work in High Sierra.
Do you have any ideas how I can fix the HDMI port or the GPU connection that it will work? If you need any files feel free to ask.

Test your HDMI port in Windows in order to discover which device (Intel vs. Nvidia) it is connected to.

Test your HDMI port in Windows in order to discover which device (Intel vs. Nvidia) it is connected to.
I checked it in Windows and it showed up, that Nvidia is connected to the 2nd monitor and intel to the laptop screen

I checked it in Windows and it showed up, that Nvidia is connected to the 2nd monitor and intel to the laptop screen

Investigate using the Nvidia web drivers.

Investigate using the Nvidia web drivers.
If I enable InjectNvidiaWeb in Clover Bootloader and install the correct Web Driver for my High Sierra version, the graphics card shows up as Nvidia Chip Model and the in graphics tab the Intel HD 630 is listed

If I enable InjectNvidiaWeb in Clover Bootloader and install the correct Web Driver for my High Sierra version, the graphics card shows up as Nvidia Chip Model and the in graphics tab the Intel HD 630 is listed

As one might expect.

As one might expect.
In the internet my laptop shows up with a dedicated graphics, so will the Nvidia work or not? Here I got some images of my that the gpu doesnt get completely recognized. It shows up with 0GB of VRAM.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.38.31.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.38.31.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.38.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.38.53.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.39.17.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.39.17.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.39.50.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-06 um 12.39.50.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 127
  • screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 116
I read it and found this:
Not if the discrete card is not dedicated (eg. tied to the Intel device).

The discrete graphics capability in a switched dual-GPU configuration is not supported with OS X on hacks. Best you can do is disable the discrete part with SSDT/DSDT patches. See the prior question.

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.
How can I find out if it uses Nvidia optimus or not? And is there a guide about how to install the NVidia web driver correctly?

I read it and found this:

How can I find out if it uses Nvidia optimus or not? And is there a guide about how to install the NVidia web driver correctly?

You can check Properties for the external monitor to see which device it is connected to (in Windows).
There are various desktop guides that discuss the settings needed in config.plist and where to get the Nvidia web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back