Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i am trying to install Maverick using Clover on a brand new Brix GB-BXi5-4200 with a mSATA 60GB disk.
The install start with no problem but i get stuck at the end of the instalation preparation part of Mavericks with "About 0 seconds remaining".
That is where it should restart and then do the real installation.

I have tried diiferent Clover conf legacy or UEFI , but ends up all the time with the message.

anyone having this problem ? and hopefully a solution ? :)

UPDATE 1: i seems to work if i do the install on an external usb drive .... ill try to carbon copy clone teh partition afterward to the mSATA internal drive and let you know. i know this is only a workaround.

UPDATE 2: So Mavericks is working from the USB Hard Drive .. but my mSATA disk is not showing on diskutil ! it was showing when i tried the installation...

UPDATE 3: so i started again from the instalation usb stick .. then succed to partition/format my internal mSATA
then boot back on my mavericks install on the external usb hard drive where i can now see my mSATA drive :)
Carbon copy in progress

UPDATE 4: Everything is working

what have you done in order to get your sata or msata detected?

Hi Any luck hackintosh....

With the Gigabyte Brix Gaming GB-BXi5G-760?

http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5096#ov

Hi Any luck hackintosh....

With the Gigabyte Brix Gaming GB-BXi5G-760?

http://www.gigabyte.sg/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5096#ov

Testing is currently in progress with this. The results so far are positive.

:thumbup:

No Audio

Hey guys, first off thank you to everyone for the instructions, my install went very smoothly. Everything is working and running great except for audio. There is no output device for audio in settings. I followed the instructions to the "T" and I can't for the life of me get any audio device detected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update from 10.9.1 to 10.9.4 BRIX PRO 470

Hi Tony or anyone, I got all working well but need to update system to run FCPX.
Can I run internal update in 10.9.1 or do I need to make another USB drive?
If so, is there a tutorial for system update procedure using unibeast or clover, or can you post one?
It seems those I find are applicable to other motherboards.
Thanks guys, holding this thinking high since psystar!

Hi i need help here,
i follow the instruction step by step from this setup guide
but when i hit legacy mode the screen will pop up the apple screen
after that my LCD TV will flash and turn into " No Signal " mode
and then Brix Pro i7 4770R will restart...

is it something wrong here? :(

I took the plunge on my Brix Pro (GB-BXi7-4770R) and did a Mac Store update from Mavericks to Yosemite. First issue I had was a kernel panic related to AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. Luckily I have my Brix dual booting into Windows (with MacDrive) and I launched Windows and copied an unpatched AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext over the patched version in /System/Library/Extensions. Booting is now successful.

After re-applying all the patches the only thing I can get to work is Ethernet using Mieze's RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X.

So besides no audio working the biggest problem is poor performance and a flickering display. The graphics is identified as "Intel HD Graphics 5200 7 MB" and below is the System Report.

Code:
Intel HD Graphics 5200:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 5200
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    7 MB
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):    10
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x0412
  Revision ID:    0x0008
  Kernel Extension Info:    No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:    1920 x 1080
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes

I'm guessing the audio issues will be solved in future driver updates but if anyone can help with the video issues it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Here is the View attachment Boot Log.txt from DPCIManager using the same config.plist from the first post in this thread.

EDIT2: *** FIXED VIDEO *** Here is the official Yosemite 10.10 View attachment AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip which fixes the video issue. Patching it with graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-e-90_patch.command does not enable audio so leave it as is for now. At least you will have working video again.

Video is now showing "Intel HD Graphics 5200 1536 MB" :)

Code:
Intel HD Graphics 5200:

Chipset Model:    Intel HD Graphics 5200
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Dynamic, Max):    1536 MB
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x0412
  Revision ID:    0x0008
  Displays:
DELL ST2320L:
  Resolution:    1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Display Serial Number:    M2NN61A6ERKL
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Rotation:    Supported
  Television:    Yes

I guess we will just wait for the rest of the driver updates.

EDIT3: *** FIXED HDMI OUT *** I've managed to get HDMI audio out working by replacing the "AppleIntelFramebufferAzul" patch in the KextsToPatch section of the original config.plist in the first post of this thread.

Code:
            <dict>                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>AQUJAAAIAAAGAAAA</data>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
            </dict>

Now we just need working patches for Headphone and SPDIF/Optical. I just installed the AppleHDA.kext from brix-applehda_v2.6.0-2.zip and now have Headphone and SPDIF/Optical working.

So if you want to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite I suggest you do the following first:
* Copy /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10
* Restore the original AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext or use the one attached here which is the default Yosemite 10.10 one.

Hi all,
So, I ran the setup described here, CAREFULLY, on a Brix Pro 4570R, Samsung 500GB mSATA system drive and 16GB Crucial 1600 DDR3 RAM. OSX 10.9.3

I ran into an anomaly upon the 1st re-boot. My screen was total snow. I did a manual re-boot a couple times with the same result. Then, I took a hint from a previous poster to be patient. On the 3rd manual reboot I just let it set. After about 10-15 minutes it rebooted and the installation to the Mavericks drive installed without a hitch!:headbang:

My Geekbench (64 bit) score is 3232 single-core, 10593 multi-core.

Is this in line with what would be expected of this hardware?

Hi i need help here,
i follow the instruction step by step from this setup guide
but when i hit legacy mode the screen will pop up the apple screen
after that my LCD TV will flash and turn into " No Signal " mode
and then Brix Pro i7 4770R will restart...

is it something wrong here? :(

I just received my 4770R this afternoon and finishing installation now. I ran into the same thing you were experiencing and was able to fix it by disabling "Cfg lock" in the bios. Credit goes headkaze in the post linked:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-brix-brix-pro-using-clover-3.html#post830224

Side note: the install hangs at 1 second, but I've read you need to be patient for it to complete. Mine took about 15 minutes to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back