Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I have followed the guide to the letter, using UEFI mode, and I cannot get installation to start. Apple logo for 1-2 seconds, and then reboot. I have the Brix Pro 4770R, anyone got some tips?

Thanks in advance, sorry I am new to this :(

UPDATE: I updated the bios to version F4, and started from scratch using the legacy method and I have now got to the installer and language selection. I hope no one minds if I keep updating this post with my progress! It may help someone else with similar issues.

UPDATE 2: Facing same issue with mSata drive and hanging at 0 seconds left, will try installing to external hard drive and cloning as has worked previously.

UPDATE 3: All working now, was worth the perseverance, I now have a dual-boot Mavericks with Windows 7 working on the mSata drive flawlessly. Only thing, and it's minor, does anyone know of a way to load the LAN kext without disabling the kernel cache? Couldn't have done this without the help of forums like this, keep it up guys, it's an invaluable resource.

Yes, my brix pro got hung up at 0 seconds to install. This is completely normal, even with a real mac. Just wait it out and it will finish. Mine took about 20 minutes at 0 seconds, then it finished. Patience is the key for this.

I think the first installation is the recovery partition. You'll need to go through the installation again, after the reboot. Then the user operating system will be installed. There is no waiting at the end, but it does take longer.

Everything else should be good to go.

I use HDMI for sound, but the headphone jack does work if you use toleda's patches. HDMI sound is more reliable than the headphone jack.

Yes, my brix pro got hung up at 0 seconds to install. This is completely normal, even with a real mac. Just wait it out and it will finish. Mine took about 20 minutes at 0 seconds, then it finished. Patience is the key for this.

I think the first installation is the recovery partition. You'll need to go through the installation again, after the reboot. Then the user operating system will be installed. There is no waiting at the end, but it does take longer.

I use HDMI for sound, but the headphone jack does work if you use toleda's patches. HDMI sound is more reliable than the headphone jack.

Thanks Calimansi, yeah the install to normal SATA drive hung also, I figured I should have just been patient with the mSata installation. It was 1am when I finished and I was getting a little impatient as I still needed to get Windows operating for work this morning! Note to self, leave these projects until the weekend!! I will learn one of these days ;)

The install delay happens on my real mac too, around 15 minutes.

I did some checking of the logs but didnt find anthing definitive. I was installing from an external firewire hdd. I think it spent that time either installing the files to the recovery partition, or, verifying the files on the install media prior to rebooting and installing the main system. The activity light on the external hdd was flashing throughout.

OK I have followed the guide to the letter, using UEFI mode, and I cannot get installation to start. Apple logo for 1-2 seconds, and then reboot. I have the Brix Pro 4770R, anyone got some tips?

Thanks in advance, sorry I am new to this :(

UPDATE: I updated the bios to version F4, and started from scratch using the legacy method and I have now got to the installer and language selection. I hope no one minds if I keep updating this post with my progress! It may help someone else with similar issues.

UPDATE 2: Facing same issue with mSata drive and hanging at 0 seconds left, will try installing to external hard drive and cloning as has worked previously.

UPDATE 3: All working now, was worth the perseverance, I now have a dual-boot Mavericks with Windows 7 working on the mSata drive flawlessly. Only thing, and it's minor, does anyone know of a way to load the LAN kext without disabling the kernel cache? Couldn't have done this without the help of forums like this, keep it up guys, it's an invaluable resource.

LAN should load flawlessly. Maybe the F4 version of the bios does something. I'm running F3 currently and do not need to clear cache to get everything to work properly.

Let us know if you figure out a solution.

Thanks a million! I was banging my head for day's trying all sorts of things until I ran into this article. I've got it up and running in two hours using your instructions and files.

BRIX GB-XBi5H-4200

For anyone who gets a system reset immediately after trying to boot the install disk. There is a BIOS setting under CPU called "Cfg Lock" that I had to disable to get past this point. That might save someone else many hours of :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back