1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IMG_0911.jpg

1. Follow main Install OS X Mavericks using Clover guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

When editing/replacing files on the Clover USB in STEP 2 and STEP 4:

2. Place attached SSDT.aml in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/

3. Place attached config.plist in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/

4. Place attached kexts in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 9.26.39 AM.png

IMG_0907.jpg

Audio now working using the following solution
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/131974-brix-brix-pro-audio-realtek-alc269.html

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    249.4 KB · Views: 2,441
  • SSDT.aml
    278 bytes · Views: 2,391
  • config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 2,859
Does this procedure leave everything working?

Add a system definition in config.plist in order for full compatibility- you can use Clover Configurator for that- check the main guide for a link. HDMI audio is working with the attached SSDT and config.plist in 10.9.2 with AppleHDA.

The headphone audio options can be enabled using the VoodooHDA driver, but the config will have to be tweaked. See here for details on using Voodoo and AppleHDA together.

Add a system definition in config.plist in order for full compatibility- you can use Clover Configurator for that- check the main guide for a link. HDMI audio is working with the attached SSDT and config.plist in 10.9.2 with AppleHDA.

The headphone audio options can be enabled using the VoodooHDA driver, but the config will have to be tweaked. See here for details on using Voodoo and AppleHDA together.

Nobody yet patched AppleHDA for ALC269 on this board?

I've successfully installed the Operation System.
But I can't use the WIFI.
I can only boot from USB. Is it possible to boot without plugging it?

Use UEFI, not legacy.

Note that there's no driver for the Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 module (RTL8821ae).

And I don't know if I'm alone with this, but the Realtek RTL8111G gigabit network is terribly laggy here. Communication that should take milliseconds takes seconds.

With my other Macs the network is snappy.

Anyone else experiencing slow network with their BRIX?

I've successfully installed the Operation System.
But I can't use the WIFI.
I can only boot from USB. Is it possible to boot without plugging it?

Sounds like you missed the second "Install Clover" step in the guide. And yes, the Wi-Fi + Bluetooth module isn't supported (Yet? Anyone good at porting linux drivers?).

hello,
i am trying to install Maverick using Clover on a brand new Brix GB-BXi5-4200 with a mSATA 60GB disk.
The install start with no problem but i get stuck at the end of the instalation preparation part of Mavericks with "About 0 seconds remaining".
That is where it should restart and then do the real installation.

I have tried diiferent Clover conf legacy or UEFI , but ends up all the time with the message.

anyone having this problem ? and hopefully a solution ? :)

UPDATE 1: i seems to work if i do the install on an external usb drive .... ill try to carbon copy clone teh partition afterward to the mSATA internal drive and let you know. i know this is only a workaround.

UPDATE 2: So Mavericks is working from the USB Hard Drive .. but my mSATA disk is not showing on diskutil ! it was showing when i tried the installation...

UPDATE 3: so i started again from the instalation usb stick .. then succed to partition/format my internal mSATA
then boot back on my mavericks install on the external usb hard drive where i can now see my mSATA drive :)
Carbon copy in progress

UPDATE 4: Everything is working

Hi - Have my Brix I5 showing up today - So at this point the wifi+Bluetooth doesn't work? Thats key for me - Can I use a different wifi/bluetooth card?

Thanks - This is my first time building a Hackintosh - so newbie here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back