Contribute
Register

Setup Guide for Gigabyte BRIX and BRIX Pro using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had much luck with installing El Capitan?

I followed the instructions here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

But, when I boot into the installation from Clover, I get a big no symbol after a few seconds. I can reboot into Yosemite ok so nothing's lost, but I'm unsure how to proceed. Anyone else give it a go?

Ok... it was fine. I thought I had updated Clover and I hadn't. Updated and it was fine. Typing in it now. Just need to fix the sound again.

I had a few issues updating to El Capitan. Just going to list the steps I needed to do to get it working.

1. Delete EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml
2. Perform the Direct Update to El Capitan using Clover
3. Run audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command (just enter all defaults) to get all audio devices working

If you have an AzureWave AW-CE123H card to get Bluetooth working:
1. Replace the Handoff patch in your config.plist
2. Copy BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
3. Copy FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
4. Copy FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
5. Copy FakePCIID.kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

Bummer about your bluetooth complications. That sort of thing is mostly why I decided to go the USB route for BT, an out of the box WIFI card and USB sound card. The HDMI audio works from the kexts I moved to the 10.11 folder.

After an extra reboot things ran a lot better and now everything is fine. If anything it's running a bit smoother now.
:headbang:

Bummer about your bluetooth complications.

After hours of trying a million different things I ended up getting it working. I've updated my last post. The key was adding the FakePCIID files.

headkaze

REF: audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4d.command

I downloaded audio_cloverALC-master.zip ,the first time I ran it with id=0 (wrong id) . I corrected problem however, I need to start fresh. Do you know it this writes to AppleHDA.kext or simply uses clover in line patch? My ElCap AppleHDAkext size is 3,765,416. Or do I need to do something else to get a clean slate?

thanks

jhawk

I downloaded audio_cloverALC-master.zip ,the first time I ran it with id=0 (wrong id) . I corrected problem however, I need to start fresh. Do you know it this writes to AppleHDA.kext or simply uses clover in line patch? My ElCap AppleHDAkext size is 3,765,416. Or do I need to do something else to get a clean slate?

The script you want for El Capitan is audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip. Not sure how you selected id=0? The default is id=1 which should work fine. My guess is you should be able to just run it again. I did a quick look at the script and it does check to see if the AppleHDA.kext is native before patching. It also doesn't appear to to back it up first. If you have any troubles I'm sure someone here can attach their native AppleHDA.kext. Next time I think it will be best if we all backup AppleHDA.kext before running the script.

The script you want for El Capitan is audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip. Not sure how you selected id=0? The default is id=1 which should work fine. My guess is you should be able to just run it again. I did a quick look at the script and it does check to see if the AppleHDA.kext is native before patching. It also doesn't appear to to back it up first. If you have any troubles I'm sure someone here can attach their native AppleHDA.kext. Next time I think it will be best if we all backup AppleHDA.kext before running the script.

Thanks, I did a reinstall and it worked just fine. Now I need HDMI and I will be all set for my GB-BXi5-4570R. I agree at a minimum the script should tell you to make sure EFI is mounted and Backup AppleHda before going forward (i.e. bail out option)

jhawk

Just FYI. I updated to 10.11.1 and things are fine. Didn't actually intend to, but hit update all and only thought it was iTunes and Xcode... before I knew it, it was installing the update too. :/

I had a few issues updating to El Capitan. Just going to list the steps I needed to do to get it working.

1. Delete EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml

It worked for me as well. I just had no SSDT-1.aml. I only had a SSDT.aml. And it was a bad idea deleting it because after I restart I only had 1024 pics screen resolution. So I kept my SSDT.aml with no issues and things are as smooth as before under 10.10.

Btw, I directly upgraded via the 10.11.1 installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back