Contribute
Register

Setting up new Hackintosh Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 with Bootdrive Samsung SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ausus X299 Prime Deluxe, 128 GB RAM, Asus Prime Deluxe X299 Bios 1301
CPU
Intel Core i9 Siylake X 7900
Graphics
Gainward Nvidea GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello again, after I've been setting up my first HackMac Asrock Z87 Extreme 4/TB4 MB wich is now working stable and fine.
I would do the next step and set up a new HackMac with this components MB Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 Bios 2.30, CPU Xeon E3-1220 V3, first SSD M.2 Gen. 3 Slot Samsung SM951 AHCI Version 512 GB, 2. SSD M.2 Gen 2 Slot Samsung EVO 850 SATA 500 GB.
Both SSD's are installed in there M.2 Slots on the Main Board and rec. as M.2 SSD. There is also an WIN 7 Pro 64 Installation on an sep. HDD connected to SATA 3 Port 1.
At the Moment I'm not able to start the OS X 10.10.3 Installation from a 32GB USB Stick. The system hangs and after a while I see a message like EBIOS read error: Controller or device error Block 0x0 Sectors 0. I' am not able to boot from the USB Stick with the Asrock MB Z97 Extreme 6.
I used the Unibeast Installer latest Version. Does anyone now hoe I can boot the US Stick and then install OS X and after boot the SAMSUNG SSD SM951 AHCI? Thank's for helping me.
Greetings Oliver

Update 1 16.07.2015
I've got the System up and Running with OS X 10.10.4 with Clover UEFI and Bootdrive SM951 AHCI.
There are two issues left. I have no Sound and the optical drive is still open when OS X is started.
i was surprised that anyone could help me...

Update 2 16.07.2015
Audio fixed, DVD Drive still opens after boot and while Clover Bootmanager is aktive/shown USB Mouse and USB Logitech K750/mac Keyboard are not usable, any good Advices? It seems that Clover Bootmanager is a poor Part of SW, because it makes no sense to use another Keyboard to switch to the correct Volume to start!!

Last edited:
I suggest using Clover and UEFI booting on your setup. I also recommend unplugging all other SSD's and HDD's until you're setup and running on the target SSD. Also try a smaller thumb drive such as an 8GB or 16GB drive.

Thank you for the information. I was able to boot into my old OS X Installation with Clover, but now no internet, no sound an I could not access the Nvidia Web Drivers correctly.
At the moment I must use the UBS Stick to get into Clover Boot Loader. To Use the USB Stick to intstall OSX at the target SSD (Samsung SM951) is not possible because the System Restarts again. Any good Ideas? Thank you for helping me.
Greetings Oliver

Unplugging the other SSD isn't simple, because I must deinstall the SSD from the 2. M.2 Slot 2. Gen not very useful. The rest of my HDD's no Problem just unplug from Power.
greetings Oliver

Hello again, after I've been setting up my first HackMac Asrock Z87 Extreme 4/TB4 MB wich is now working stable and fine.
I would do the next step and set up a new HackMac with this components MB Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 Bios 2.30, CPU Xeon E3-1220 V3, first SSD M.2 Gen. 3 Slot Samsung SM961 AHCI Version 512 GB, 2. SSD M.2 Gen 2 Slot Samsung EVO 850 SATA 500 GB.
Both SSD's are installed in there M.2 Slots on the Main Board and rec. as M.2 SSD. There is also an WIN 7 Pro 64 Installation on an sep. HDD connected to SATA 3 Port 1.
At the Moment I'm not able to start the OS X 10.10.3 Installation from a 32GB USB Stick. The system hangs and after a while I see a message like EBIOS read error: Controller or device error Block 0x0 Sectors 0. I' am not able to boot from the USB Stick with the Asrock MB Z97 Extreme 6.
I used the Unibeast Installer latest Version. Does anyone now hoe I can boot the US Stick and then install OS X and after boot the SAMSUNG SSD SM951 AHCI? Thank's for helping me.
Greetings Oliver

Your post appears to have some typos. Please clarify your CPU as the Xeon E3-1120V3 does not come up on Intel web pages.

Also you have SM961, but this maybe SM951... which is it?

And what is the problem with installing and removing the SM951 to/from the ultra M.2 socket?

Good modding,
neil

Hello Neil
you are rigth the CPU is the Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 and the first SSD is the Samsung SM951 AHCI 512GB that is installed in the ultra M.2 Socket und the GPU Gainward GTX 970 on the Mobo Asrock Z97 Extreme 6. and in the 2. M.2 Slot there is the Samsung SSD EVO 850 500 GB fix installed with the prior OS X 10.10.3 Installation. I was able with the USB Stick installed to boot with UEFI into the old OS X Installation, but without Network, Sound and the correct Graphic Web Driver from Nvidia. The old OS X Installation was made with Unibeast and Multibeast on the Samsund EVO 850 in an SATA Adapter with GPT Bootloader Chimera 4.1 and worked stable. My Problems are to understand and migrate the Config from Multibeast to Clover Configurator without KP at every two steps by using the UEFI Bootloader Clover from the primary SSD (SM951). Sorry about my poor English. I'v been reading most of the posts about Lan Connectivity and Sound Drivers with Multibeast it's rather simple to build a working Config not so with Clover Configurator.
Any other good Ideas.
Greetings Oliver

Hi mate would you please post a screenshot of Black Magic speed test of the Samsung performance with that Mobo?

the speeds would have no significant increase in speed because the 850 evo still uses sata 3, to see the gbps you need an nvme drive

I would do the next step and set up a new HackMac with this components MB Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 Bios 2.30, CPU Xeon E3-1220 V3, first SSD M.2 Gen. 3 Slot Samsung SM951 AHCI Version 512 GB, 2. SSD M.2 Gen 2 Slot Samsung EVO 850 SATA 500 GB.
Greetings Oliver

Update 1 16.07.2015
I've got the System up and Running with OS X 10.10.4 with Clover UEFI and Bootdrive SM951 AHCI.
There are two issues left. I have no Sound and the optical drive is still open when OS X is started.
i was surprised that anyone could help me...

Update 2 16.07.2015
Audio fixed, DVD Drive still opens after boot and while Clover Bootmanager is aktive/shown USB Mouse and USB Logitech K750/mac Keyboard are not usable, any good Advices? It seems that Clover Bootmanager is a poor Part of SW, because it makes no sense to use another Keyboard to switch to the correct Volume to start!!
Hi I'm busy with almost the same setup using the same motherboard if I can get help from anyone please let me know

Hi were you able to solve the issue with the DVD drive opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back