CPU
i5 4460 Haswell
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody! Really need advise, cause tried maybe all the issues I found here.
The problem is that after clean install Sierra 10.12.6 my onboard GPU have no acceleration and shows 7 Mb against 1536 Mb.

So, I'll start from the beginning:
- using clover 4.39.1
- updated bios to last one.
- using different boot args as -ncpi=0x2000 -dart=0 -slide=0 darkwake=0 -nv_disable=1 (together and separately)
- set up smbios to iMac 14,2
- inject Fake ID for IntelGFX 0x04128086 and 0x04168086
- changing ig-platform-id to 0x0a260006 with Inject Intel checkmark (also tried another id's)
- patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext placed in S/L/E where in info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/ConfigMap/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 change value from Config 1 to none
- tried some other features (can't remember exactly)

The only one feature that works is installing Nvidia GT710 GraphicCard and boot with Nvidia web driver. Of course this could e an issue, but I have 3 more totally same PC's, so its a lilbit expensive for me)).
All my specs you can see in my personal details or right here (i5 4460/GA-B85M-HD3/intel hd graphics 4600)(yes, I'm using HDMI wire)
Hope anybody had a chance to play with intel graphics and maybe know some extra features that could work.
Thanks a lot, guys!!

Hi everybody! Really need advise, cause tried maybe all the issues I found here.
The problem is that after clean install Sierra 10.12.6 my onboard GPU have no acceleration and shows 7 Mb against 1536 Mb.

So, I'll start from the beginning:
- using clover 4.39.1
- updated bios to last one.
- using different boot args as -ncpi=0x2000 -dart=0 -slide=0 darkwake=0 -nv_disable=1 (together and separately)
- set up smbios to iMac 14,2
- inject Fake ID for IntelGFX 0x04128086 and 0x04168086
- changing ig-platform-id to 0x0a260006 with Inject Intel checkmark (also tried another id's)
- patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext placed in S/L/E where in info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy/ConfigMap/Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 change value from Config 1 to none
- tried some other features (can't remember exactly)

The only one feature that works is installing Nvidia GT710 GraphicCard and boot with Nvidia web driver. Of course this could e an issue, but I have 3 more totally same PC's, so its a lilbit expensive for me)).
All my specs you can see in my personal details or right here (i5 4460/GA-B85M-HD3/intel hd graphics 4600)(yes, I'm using HDMI wire)
Hope anybody had a chance to play with intel graphics and maybe know some extra features that could work.
Thanks a lot, guys!!

HD4600 does not require FakeID.
0xa260006 is for laptops. Desktops use 0x0d220003.
No need for patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext.
Nvidia + Intel graphics: Intel must be primary
-ncpi does nothing and you don't need ncpi either.

Desktop HD4600 requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0
- BIOS DVMT-prealloc 64mb
- digital connection to your monitor (VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled or use dart=0

Have done everything step by step. No result.
Tried also changing bios "init display first" and booting with each option.
Of course bios dvmd is 64mb and hdmi wired connection.
Could it not work because of some other feature not close to exact graphics configs??
Thanks for reply!!

Dear OlehSoroka,
I also have HD4600 Graphics on my MSI motherboard.
I got it working by connecting the HDMI output to my monitor (don't use VGA output) and setting the right values in my Bios setup and config.plist using Clover Configurator.

Check to see if the graphic driver installed okay:
  • In "About This Mac", the correct graphics memory is displayed. When it says 6 MB, it is no okay.
  • Navigate to Launchpad -> Other. It should swipe smoothly when dragging with the mouse.
sr1Ha2W.jpg

These Bios settings worked for me. Intel's Dynamic Video Memory Technology allocates system memory resources in chunks of 128 MB according to the graphics card demands. It is not a fixed memory, and can grow far greater than the displayed chunk size.

7Ond0fu.png

Download the Clover Configurator Vibrant edition. When your system halts as a result of wrong settings in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist you enter in Clover Configurator, you can boot from another OS, mount the EFI partition
Code:
# MS Windows 7 command window
diskpart
DISKPART> list disk
DISKPART> select disk 1
DISKPART> list partition
DISKPART> select partition 1
DISKPART> assign

# macOS terminal
diskutil list
sudo mkdir /Volumes/efi
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

# Linux terminal
sudo fdisk -l
sudo mkdir /mnt/efi
sudo mount -t msdos -v /dev/sda1 /mnt/efi
And replace EFI/CLOVER/config.plist by your backup.

Use Clover Configurator to set config.plist Boot parameter dart=0 This will disable Intel Virtualization technology.

BrnEcmr.jpg

I have the following kernel patches for my HD4600 Graphics Card in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist:
Code:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AppleRTC</key>
        <false/>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>t1-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-1of2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                PQsMAAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDAController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                PQwMAAA=
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>t1-HD4600_HDMI_Audio-2of2</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                PQwKAAA=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleHDAController</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                PQwMAAA=
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

These are items 1 and 2 in the following screenshot:

TfF0xL3.jpg

Kernel patch items 3,4,5 are also relevant for you because AppleHDAController is a dependancy for AppleHDA. The data in item 5 is hex for ascii codes. It replaces xml. xl by zml. xl

Add the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist Graphics parameters
ig-platform-id=0d220003
Inject Intel=true
Dual Link=0
Load VBios=false
Inject EDID=false

MX5uC5r.jpg

The ig-platform-id is 0x0d220003 when you enter it in the Clover Bootloader. Drop the 0x if you enter it in Clover configurator.
If you have a NoteBook, the onboard HD4600 Graphics card's ig-platform-id is 0a220003. The value I use is for a desktop PC.

If you have a VGA monitor attached to the VGA output of your HD4600 Graphics card or entered just one character wrong in config.plist, then the MacOS Sierra startup halts at 45% progress, just like an iMAC without the monitor would.

BvKJ8B3.png

Now let's tackle your specific problem

You can solve this issue by exactly copying the above settings. Please find attached config.plist
My first guess: replace Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003 by Graphics/ig-platform-id=0d220003
Second guess: the AppleHDAController and AppleHDA kernel patches.
You have not exactly the same chipset as me. I have Intel H81 Express, and you B85 Express, but we have the same Graphics and Audio Realtek ALC887. Could you try the same kernel patches I did and post your results?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 1,420
Last edited:
Hello OlehSoroka,

I realise that your post in 20 months old and I wonder if you have solved your problem with your i5-4460 based system.

I am working on a system with the same i5-4460 processor on High Sierra and I either get a display but no accelerated graphics (when AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext is not loaded) or no display but accelerated graphics on a virtual screen accessible via screen sharing (when the kext is loaded).

RehabMan pointed out the fact that my system has no Intel MEI. As a matter of fact, according to Intel's site the i5-4460 has no vPro (the marketing name for Intel Management Engine Interface - IMEI). This would explain why Geert-Jan who was trying to help didn't have the same problem as you: he has an i7 processor and I have read that all i7s have vPro.

This could also explain why your graphics work with the Nvidia GT710 which does not require Intel MEI / vPro.

I am curious to know if you have managed to make your i5-4460 system fully functional with accelerated graphics (and 1536 MB of memory dedicated to graphics) when you connect your display to the on board HD4600.

Thank you in advance

Hello OlehSoroka,

I realise that your post in 20 months old and I wonder if you have solved your problem with your i5-4460 based system.

I am working on a system with the same i5-4460 processor on High Sierra and I either get a display but no accelerated graphics (when AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext is not loaded) or no display but accelerated graphics on a virtual screen accessible via screen sharing (when the kext is loaded).

RehabMan pointed out the fact that my system has no Intel MEI. As a matter of fact, according to Intel's site the i5-4460 has no vPro (the marketing name for Intel Management Engine Interface - IMEI). This would explain why Geert-Jan who was trying to help didn't have the same problem as you: he has an i7 processor and I have read that all i7s have vPro.

This could also explain why your graphics work with the Nvidia GT710 which does not require Intel MEI / vPro.

I am curious to know if you have managed to make your i5-4460 system fully functional with accelerated graphics (and 1536 MB of memory dedicated to graphics) when you connect your display to the on board HD4600.

Thank you in advance

vPro has nothing to do with the IMEI being present/not present.

Dear Rehabman Sir,
I have Intel HD Graphics 4400 desktop on Asus H97M-E motherboard. I saw ssdt-igpu.dsl on your github repo. will you please help me to create a ssdt-igpu.aml so that I can enable my graphics without clover ig-platform-id injection. although I am totally ignorant about all those acpi codes.
thank you

Dear Rehabman Sir,
I have Intel HD Graphics 4400 desktop on Asus H97M-E motherboard. I saw ssdt-igpu.dsl on your github repo. will you please help me to create a ssdt-igpu.aml so that I can enable my graphics without clover ig-platform-id injection. although I am totally ignorant about all those acpi codes.
thank you

WhateverGreen.kext + Lilu.kext also help fix a few issues...

WhateverGreen.kext + Lilu.kext also help fix a few issues...
Sir, My Graphics is HD 4400 Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back