GIGABYTE Z790 Gaming X
CPU
i9-13900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Server motherboard & CPU MacOS Supported or Not.

Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors -
Intel® Xeon® W Processor Family -
Intel® Xeon® Processor E-2100/ E-2200 series -
AMD EPYC™ 7002 and 7001 series processor family -
Single AMD EPYC™ 7002 series processor family -
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 V3 / V4 product families -
Intel® Xeon® processors E3-1200 V6/V5 product family -
Intel® Xeon® D processor -
Intel® Core™ X-Series Processor Family - Supported.

I want to know which Intel and AMD Server CPU not support in Mac OS.I test Intel® Core™ X-Series Processor Family - Supported.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 9.27.17 AM.png

Please help which Server CPU not support in MacOS.
Thanks.

Last edited:
If you search the forums, you will find plenty of specifics for Xeons and dual Xeon builds. Mine is not a server mobo (mini-ITX), but has a nice Xeon E5-2696 v3.

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 11.42.53 PM.png

If you look at everymac.com and search by processor, then select Xeon, you will find every CPU that is officially used in a Mac.Generally speaking, and board that can be used with one of these Xeons is supported. OTOH, the chipsets for networking, SATA, audio, etc. may not be and drivers may not be available.
Suggest you look at the consumer Core i boards that are known to work and compare the workstation board chips to the Core i board chips.

Last edited:
If you look at everymac.com and search by processor, then select Xeon, you will fing every CPU that is officially used in a Mac.Generally speaking, and board that can be used with one of these Xeons is supported. OTOH, the chipsets for networking, SATA, audio, etc. may not be and drivers may not be available.
Suggest you look at the consumer Core i boards that are known to work and compare the workstation board chips to the Core i board chips.
I check this link
If Mac Pro 7.1 with 28 core
The Mac Pro (2019) model processor is mounted on an LGA 3647
So All Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors with LGA 3647-Supported MacOS
Did you agree this?

I looking a server board with 10gb ethernet support to Mac OS.

I looking a server board with 10gb ethernet support to Mac OS.
Most server boards are only going to have 1GB/s LAN ports. You might go with a workstation board instead - Asus makes one with a 10GB/s LAN port. I have not looked at MSI, Gigabyte or Asrock.
The big question is if Mac OS will support the C621 PCH on the LGA3647 commercial boards.

Hi All
Can you suggest Cheap & best server board Support 10.15?
Thanks All.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back