Motherboard
Asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Clover was set to boot up to MacPro5,1 and kept failing so each time I booted I would have to go in and change it to MacPro6,1 in the Clover Options each time. So I decided to just install the definition for MacPro6,1 from Multibeast. I installed it and everything works fine and it boots into MacPro6,1 without me having to change anything except now About This Mac says my serial number is to be installed by O.E.M. Anyone know how to fix that? Please be as detailed as you can with explanations. Try to give step by step as best as you are able to. Thank you

Have a read of this

https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/SMBIOS

ProductName

<key>ProductName</key>
<string>MacBook1,1</string>

You can set only this value
and Clover will adjust the rest of the parameters automatically according to the model, so you can leave them out.

Otherwise your custom values will be preferred.

SerialNumber

<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>W8000AAAAA</string>

Clover will use one specific value here per each model, which needs to be replaced by your own serial number. There are two formats of serial number, which one to use depends on the model. There are tools to generate a serial number for a given model, or it can be created manually, according to http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/ or something newer. The serial number used by Clover is most probably banned already.

BoardSerialNumber

<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
<string>C02032101R5DC771H</string>

Don't mix it with system serial number. Clover will use one specific value here, which needs to be replaced by your own serial number. It is required for working iCloud and iMessage services (initialize MLB RtVariable if missing). The length must be 17 digits, consisting of letters from the Latin alphabet and numbers. The serial number used by Clover is most probably banned already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back