Contribute
Register

Serial number from retired hackintosh for iMessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an older hackintosh that I've used iMessage with that I'm retiring to a Linux box. To avoid finding a new serial number in Clover Configurator and testing it, can I simply take the serial number associated with the retiring computer and use it for my new hackintosh to get iMessage working with the least amount of effort?

I have an older hackintosh that I've used iMessage with that I'm retiring to a Linux box. To avoid finding a new serial number in Clover Configurator and testing it, can I simply take the serial number associated with the retiring computer and use it for my new hackintosh to get iMessage working with the least amount of effort?
You will need these values more than serial number:
- MLB
- ROM

With those two values you could generate a new uuid and new serial number and iMessage should work again.

It depends. If your new hackintosh has the same product name for instance iMac14,2, yes but I doubt it's true.
There is an excellent guide about iMessage in the forum.

OK, thanks. Can those also be taken from the retiring hackintosh?
Yes they can, you can just do a imessagedebug and save the output of it somewhere.
When you create the new values you just paste MLB and ROM from your old ones that you backed up and you're good to go.

Ideally you're using the same system definition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back