Contribute
Register

September 2021 Apple Event: iPhone 13, Monterey Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your on the internet someone is always spying!

The ISP will always know what we are doing but I don't know if it can be considered "spying" if we initiate a connection. Even that can be somewhat avoided with the use of VPNs.

The ISP will always know what we are doing but I don't know if it can be considered "spying" if we initiate a connection. Even that can be somewhat avoided with the use of VPNs.
The government is monitoring all internet traffic including the traffic that people are trying to hide threw the use of VPN. I am guess but they are not the only ones!

I don't know about that... If the government were so easily able to monitor VPN activity, they wouldn't have to make the following statement and just go get the culprits.

To me that story says they know what the Russians are doing they are just powerless to stop them. In addition governments use lots of deception as a screen for their own deception. I think all sides are nuts.

To me that story says they know what the Russians are doing they are just powerless to stop them. In addition governments use lots of deception as a screen for their own deception. I think all sides are nuts.

If the VPNs don't have logs, there's no way for anyone to track the users. The movie and music industry has been trying for years.

Look at all the ransomware hacks we've had this year. All that the government has been able to do is determine that it was Russia and/or China.

If the VPNs don't have logs, there's no way for anyone to track the users. The movie and music industry has been trying for years.

Look at all the ransomware hacks we've had this year. All that the government has been able to do is determine that it was Russia and/or China.

Yea I think that I covered this when I said "powerless to stop them". However, If you think we are not doing the same thing you got to be crazy. The US commits as many crimes as the countries they are accusing of committing crimes.

The Movie/music industry has very little power to do much of anything outside of the US. So even if they kept logs there is little the industry could do about it.

Yea I think that I covered this when I said "powerless to stop them". However, If you think we are not doing the same thing you got to be crazy. The US commits as many crimes as the countries they are accusing of committing crimes.

The Movie/music industry has very little power to do much of anything outside of the US. So even if they kept logs there is little the industry could do about it.

I don't think the US government is hacking them enough. Eye for an eye, right?

The US government does have more powers to surveil us than the movie and music companies. This was granted by the Patriot Act a few days after 9/11. However, some of those powers have been reigned in since the Edward Snowden revelations. That being said, there's still more to do and, IMO, the Patriot Act should be thrown out, which is why VPN usage has continually increased.

I don't think the US government is hacking them enough. Eye for an eye, right?

I do not disagree.

The US government does have more powers to surveil us than the movie and music companies. This was granted by the Patriot Act a few days after 9/11. However, some of those powers have been reigned in since the Edward Snowden revelations. That being said, there's still more to do and, IMO, the Patriot Act should be thrown out, which is why VPN usage has continually increased.

The government does what it wants patriot act or not, reigned in? or hidden better, or off the books. The government doesn't give power back to the people they just hide what they are doing better.

The government does what it wants patriot act or not, reigned in? or hidden better, or off the books. The government doesn't give power back to the people they just hide what they are doing better.

I don't doubt this but, hypothetically, if true, they are also handing out "get out of free" cards if/when they bring those people to court. At worse, whatever evidence acquired by these means would be thrown out of court before ever presented as evidence before a jury.

To some degree, authorities still have some rules to follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back