Contribute
Register

September 2021 Apple Event: iPhone 13, Monterey Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.10.21 AM.png
Apple will be giving a special media presentation today- tune in at 10AM PDT/1PM EDT. Expected are new iPhones, Airpods, and possibly a macOS Monterey release date. What would you like to see today?

Tune in:

If one expected new Macs, certainly. (And I do not even mention "Intel-based Macs"…)
If one expected just iPhones, the iPads are extras!

Two more months to wait for Macs (and the possible end of the Intel lineup, save for the Mac Pro).

Watched on my iPhone 5s with ios 12.1 (over wifi), just to see if it would play and hear about new Macbook Pro.

This was all about showcasing Apple's biggest money making products, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch in that order of highest sales and profit margins. There seems to be no shortage of A15 and other A series chips for these "i" devices. When they ask TSMC to jump they say "how high." Apple pays top dollar for priority access to chips that they make.

Even without MBP and Mac desktop sales Apple would still be a tech giant, bigger than most all others. These three products have brought us to the "post PC" era Apple now sees us in. It seems that your iMac, Mac mini and MacBook Pro are just accessories that you'll use for the few things you can't do with your iDevices today.

macOS has been made to look more like iOS than ever to make it easier for iDevice owners to buy their first Mac and feel comfortable using it because everything looks like it did on their iPhone or iPad. As you can guess I don't like this at all but there's not much we can do other than keep our Intel based hacks going as long as possible.

Last edited:
As you can guess I don't like this at all but there's not much we can do other than keep our Intel based hacks going as long as possible.
You know in the future it is not going to matter everything is going to be cloud based. little by little, more and more the power is going to leave our hands and be server side. "Resistance is futile?"

Prices are still eye watering... I would like a new iPad for my LightRoom work, but as I need USB-C that will cost me about $900.- here in Europe. Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back