i3
Graphics
Motherboard graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've posted a problem I am having with Catalina resetting computers and received no responses even though it's been posted for several days.

We'd like to get back to building powerful machines for editing but at this point in time, we are just trying to get comfortable with Catalina first.

I've been a member since 2010 and haven't needed to avail myself of TonyMacx86 resources for awhile. In the past, I was able to address queries directly to members who know the answers such as the site moderator and Stork. I couldn't find a way to do that today. Can someone help?

Do not send private messages on this site. It's frowned upon and can lead to users being banned.

I've posted a problem I am having with Catalina resetting computers and received no responses even though it's been posted for several days.
Yes things are very different from 9-10 years ago. The community has grown so large that not every request for help gets addressed quickly. First thing you can do is fill out your profile with at least the primary machine you need help with. Fill in your CPU, Graphics and Motherboard info here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details that is a requirement that everyone must now follow. Putting those inside your post won't be acceptable and your posts for help will get ignored as you've discovered.

After that is complete, start a new support thread in Catalina desktop support with a description of the problem in the title and also provide problem reporting files. Link is on the home page to the black.dragon74 post with the script to run and directions. If that is not possible then zip up your Clover folder and attach it to the post you make in Desktop Support.

One quick bit of advice that will help. Uninstall the Nvidia gfx card and use your HD4600 graphics with Catalina as it's supported. Your GTX card most likely isn't.
I also tried updating the 87 series machine OS which has a GTX 9xxx graphic card
You did mention you have the i3-4360 so you've got HD4600.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back