Q9550
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello

Im trying to create a unibeast el capitan usb to restore my old desktop pc. Im using a 2008 MacBook with catalina to create the unibeast usb. I keep getting unibeast installer error "Mac OS Installer incomplete" no matterr what copy of el capitan i download.

Thank you

hello

I'm trying to create a unibeast el capitan usb to restore my old desktop pc. Im using a 2008 MacBook with catalina to create the unibeast usb. I keep getting unibeast installer error "Mac OS Installer incomplete" no matter what copy of el capitan i download.

Thank you

Download El Capitan from a link on this site : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

After the download, double click on the file InstallMacOSX.dmg to run it and allow it to install. After the install you should have a copy of the El Capitan installer in the Applications folder.

Sorry to butt-in here, but I have the same issue.
I have previously installed EL Capitan as far as this and I have got the full 6GB APP into the APPS folder and it still fails.

It also does this with YOSEMITE too!

Here are a couple of pics... They are low Quality as I ahve taken them with my potato and then shrunk them so I dont waste bandwidth.

Both EL CAP and YOSEMITE have done the same issues.

20200413_050205.jpg

20200413_050219.jpg
20200413_083628.jpg

Sorry to butt-in here, but I have the same issue.
I have previously installed EL Capitan as far as this and I have got the full 6GB APP into the APPS folder and it still fails.

It also does this with YOSEMITE too!

Here are a couple of pics... They are low Quality as I ahve taken them with my potato and then shrunk them so I dont waste bandwidth.

Both EL CAP and YOSEMITE have done the same issues.

View attachment 462150

View attachment 462151View attachment 462152

Hi there.

As you have succeeded in creating the installer previously, so I guess nothing else has changed. And you have a big enough USB Flash Drive ...

Try turning-off wifi temporarily.

Change system Date to December 2015, either in System Preferences or using Terminal if you feel brave.

See if that makes a difference. If not you can just revert the date and report back :thumbup:

Yes, its doing exactly the same thing
This is what I did...

1 - I downloaded it from the Link you posted
2 - I mounted the DMG
3 - I then ram the PGK That came up.
4 - It verified everything and installed successfully
5 - I then re-ran UNIBEAST 6.2.0
6 - It then told me yet again that the installer is incomplete?

Does that mean UNIBEAST is incomplete, or the installer on the APP that UniBeast is trying to install to the USB?

Again Yosemite also does this.

I did take photos again at every step of the way... I could upload but I feel it would simply be irrelevant.

Ok I dont use WIFI, I will try that and see what happens?
Im just doing a full backup once more using the Time Machine thingy and I will let you know.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that while I did create a USB drive before, and the hardware is 100% the same hardware, I have since used this PC for something else... Linux.

I setup this H77 with Snow and I eventually managed to get it to El Capitan. ( its still on snow ) and when in El Capitan I made the USB drive for Mojave for the Z170 and that worked fint the first time.

So, I have sneaky feeling that I need to up this to El Cap in orderto get the Mojave back on, on the other setup.

Anyway, I will get back later on...

I realized some of the software won't work on Mojave so I am building using El Cap. I am running into the same issues. I have tried changing the time on my mac to match the date of the app creation and no luck. I have tried it on my other mac pro running high sierra and I have the same issues.

I have given up. I gave up a few days ago.
I have, much to my annoyance, re-uploaded everything that I can do, and it seems that the newer files have something done to them, that make things difficult.

I have followed to the letter, how to do a full install for each version now, and I am getting stuck at certain points, either I cannot access the newer versions, from High Sierra as the icons are greyed out, or the older versions say that the installer is incomplete and I need to download the latest file from apple and I have been using my Snow leopard hackintosh, or I have asked a friend up the road to get fiels for me, and they do the same thing.

I have now got a friend to make me a couple of USB drives for me and he has done them, but I am still gutted as to why I have failed entirely to do it?

I am genuinely going nuts because I have had both these PCs here running flawlessly in the past, and more annoying, is that for a bit of a laugh the last few days, I have thrown my 120GB SSD with Snowleopard on it, into all of my PCs that are roughly a few years old and they all started up fully and got to the desktop... And I do mean ALL of them... Laptops, desktops, and I did it in about 9 of the ruddy things aand sure ,some didnt have Audio or Network or the keyboard wasnt working but they all got the desktop up!

So why am I completely incapable of getting the files to burn a USB drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back