Contribute
Register

Select Installer and get reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just done that... the only differences being that i had to boot into the SL installer and use the terminal from there, and i had to use iboot 3.1.0 (as 3.1.1 isnt picked up as a boot disc and it just boots straight into windows for me :/)

When i boot back up and attempt to boot into lion it just reboots and when i use Iboot legacy i get a kernal panic.

Im so desperate to get back into my lion install!

Jetpac said:
Ok just done that... the only differences being that i had to boot into the SL installer and use the terminal from there, and i had to use iboot 3.1.0 (as 3.1.1 isnt picked up as a boot disc and it just boots straight into windows for me :/)

When i boot back up and attempt to boot into lion it just reboots and when i use Iboot legacy i get a kernal panic.

Found my mistakes. Sorry for keeping you in circles.

I'm assuming you copied over FakeSMC.kext to your Lion drive already
So let's get another bootloader! (iBoot 3.1.1 doesnt work with Lion)

Make a Boot USB:
http://www.99bits.com/2011/03/how-to-in ... ion-on-pc/
Follow:
Step 3: Installing iBoot
Step 4: Installing Mac OS X Lion
-> At "Select the USB drive that reads Mac OS X Base System and hit enter to continue installation on it. This has to be the drive that was used in Step 2."
Choose your Lion install instead of Mac OS X Base System. It SHOULD boot now!

[EDIT] updated my first post on the previous page. cleaned it up!

kaabob said:
Jetpac said:

Make a Boot USB:
Follow:
-> At "Select the USB drive that reads Mac OS X Base System and hit enter to continue installation on it. This has to be the drive that was used in Step 2."

Minor issue.. My pc wont let me boot from USB... i cant find it as an option in the bios. Usb drives used to show up under the hard drive section but dont. (im assuming because of changes ive made to the bios to allow osx to work, or im missing something :s)

Usb is detected as usb storage on boot.... can i put this iboot on cd?

Jetpac said:
kaabob said:
Jetpac said:

Make a Boot USB:
Follow:

Minor issue.. My pc wont let me boot from USB... i cant find it as an option in the bios. Usb drives used to show up under the hard drive section but dont. (im assuming because of changes ive made to the bios to allow osx to work, or im missing something :s)

Usb is detected as usb storage on boot.... can i put this iboot on cd?

Not sure...

[EDIT]
Easiest would be to install Snow Leopard on a spare harddrive and use SL to install Chimera onto your Lion install. Not sure how your computer is setup with Windows.

pauldmps said:
Found a solution. iBoot CD won't work with Lion. Install Chimera in your existing SL installation using Multibeast or standalone installer. Boot with it. Now it would work.

I installed Chimera v1.4.1 r877 via MultiBeast, rebooted and it booted straight to SL. I'm guessing this might be a stupid question, but how do I boot to the Chimera screen?

pecck said:
pauldmps said:
Found a solution. iBoot CD won't work with Lion. Install Chimera in your existing SL installation using Multibeast or standalone installer. Boot with it. Now it would work.

I installed Chimera v1.4.1 r877 via MultiBeast, rebooted and it booted straight to SL. I'm guessing this might be a stupid question, but how do I boot to the Chimera screen?

Is your question
(a) How do I install Chimera onto Lion
-or-
(b) How do I choose Lion from Chimera boot screen?

Sounds like (b).
Here's my com.apple.Boot.plist
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>

I just tap the keyboard (arrow keys) after the BIOS boot screen when the Chimera screen shows OS selection. (Note the Timeout=2 above)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back