GigaByte Radeon HD6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am currently running a Win7/Yosemite Dualboot Setup with basic Chimera Loader.
Works fine so far but only my problem is, that I need a USB/PS2 Keyboard to select which OS to start in the Bootloader. In OSX I am using the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Magic Mouse and want to use these also in Windows to completely ban my wired Keyboard and Mouse.

Is it maybe possible to configure Chimera (or maybe some other loader?) to select OS depending on if a USB flashdrive is connected? For example: Normally start OSX but if Flashdrive xy is connected start Windows.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I don't know if you will be able to do that much tweaking in any of the bootloaders. Bluetooth usually doesn't work until getting into the OS. It's kinda like wi-fi. Wi-fi isn't working until you actually get to the OS. Bluetooth is actually something that loads during boot up if you look closely in verbose mode. I don't think there's any way to use a bluetooth keyboard. Maybe a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle would work. I works for me.

Sure it works, but I want to use the original Keyboard and Mouse from Apple since it perfectly harmonizes with OSX.
I also don't want to get BT working pre-boot, I want the selection to be made by recognizing a specific UUID of a USB flashdrive or something like that.

Just noticed, it's not chimera, it's chamaeleon loader

It is probably something you will have to change in the code of the bootloader itself. That's gonna be some pretty deep stuff. You'd better hope you can code. I don't know how, but I know that it's going to be extremely difficult to do that. I really can't help you from here on if you're going to try.

I think it will be easier to build a "dummy keyboard" with only 2 keys then (i have basic knowledge in arduino programming) so I'll only need the wired keyboard for adjustments in BIOS, which is ok for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back