Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
have hackintosh 10.9.2 and list of parts listed below
Z87x-UD5H has 6 usb 3.0 ports
8GB Ram (Probably going to upgrade to 16gb soon)
i5 4670K (not overclocked)
120gb Kingston Hyperx ssd (also have installed 128gb msata seeing if i should raid0 for boot)
2TB Portable canvio connect usb 3.0 drive
bluetooth dongle
cd/dvd drive
only using stock 4600 graphics
750w corsair power supply
osx 10.9.2
tha mother board came with an add on with 2 usb 3.0 ports to connect to motherboard and my case is a Corsair Carbide 500r which has 2 usb 3.0 ports also

It seems some of them respond especially the ones on the board, but the additional ones on the case and the added usb 3.0 either dont recognize devices or are limited to usb 2.0? is there any fix to this.

I have a very similar build as yours. I built my hackintosh back in October 2013 and have been having bizarre USB port issues for several months. I recently upgraded to the F9 version of the z87x-ud5h BIOS and all the problems disappeared. I suggest you give that a shot.

FYI I did do a complete reinstallation of Mavericks, used the newest multibeast, and changed the usb Bluetooth adapter from the IOGear to the GMYLE. The IOGear adapter worked like ass even under windows so when the machine died on me a few weeks ago, I took the opportunity to change the BT adapter and upgrade the motherboard's BIOS. This hackintosh is now working like I envisioned it to work.

Have a simular hackintosh build and also experience problems with USB ports.

There are 6 USB ports 3.0 on the back of the motherboard and 2 USB 3.0 + 2 USB 2.0 ports on the front of my case which are connected on separate connectors on the motherboard.
For installation and normal use (usb keyboard - usb mouse) all ports seem to work (6 onboard + 4 on the case).
However when I connect my iPod to any USB port (doesn't matter which one, they all have the same problem) everything works until I start transferring songs from the hackintosh to the iPod via USB cable using iTunes. At that moment the PC freezes and locks up completely. A reset is needed to get working again.
I tried installing the USB 3.0 driver from the latest multibeast but makes no difference, same problem.

Tried to do the same transfer from pc to iPod in Windows 8.1 with same hardware but different OS and works like a charm.

Config:
Mavericks 10.9.2 with UEFI Boot and Clover
Z87X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel i7-4771
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
No Video card, use internal GPU Intel HD4600
Bootdisk Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB

Have a simular hackintosh build and also experience problems with USB ports.

There are 6 USB ports 3.0 on the back of the motherboard and 2 USB 3.0 + 2 USB 2.0 ports on the front of my case which are connected on separate connectors on the motherboard.
For installation and normal use (usb keyboard - usb mouse) all ports seem to work (6 onboard + 4 on the case).
However when I connect my iPod to any USB port (doesn't matter which one, they all have the same problem) everything works until I start transferring songs from the hackintosh to the iPod via USB cable using iTunes. At that moment the PC freezes and locks up completely. A reset is needed to get working again.
I tried installing the USB 3.0 driver from the latest multibeast but makes no difference, same problem.

Tried to do the same transfer from pc to iPod in Windows 8.1 with same hardware but different OS and works like a charm.

Config:
Mavericks 10.9.2 with UEFI Boot and Clover
Z87X-UD5H Motherboard
Intel i7-4771
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
No Video card, use internal GPU Intel HD4600
Bootdisk Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128GB

I also have a similar problem to yours, I can connect my iPad to the rear usb with success, but cannot connect to the front case usb 2.0 or 3.0. I did not have this problem with my previous Z77X-UD5H board. I'm seeing a few different threads on how the Z87X-UD5H has USB problems. It feels like my old G4 Quicksilver where I had to crawl behind to use the USB. :thumbdown:

Is there a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back