Xeon E5-2697v4
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All!

Just got my 3rd hack going and all was seemingly well, but after awhile this KP started happening, seemingly at random. See attached image (sorry for the flash).

Fault CR2: 0xffffff83ea3cf000, Error Code: 0x0000000000000000, Fault CPU: 0x8, PL: 0, VF: 10

The Build:
GA-x99-Designare-EX
E5-2697v4 ES
nVidia GTX 780
San Disk Extreme 3 SSD boot drive

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Attachments

• 20170220_113714.jpg
    20170220_113714.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 123
I think I've got it figured out. My Gigabyte motherboard came with dual BIOS and for some reason, it keeps switching between the primary and the backup. The primary BIOS works great, the backup causes a KP every time. Both have the exact same BIOS update and the same profile. I think the MB I got is defective as this should not be happening... I bought it from the Amazon certified used because it was the only one left with 1-day shipping. Time to check out gigabyte RMA process...

I think I've got it figured out.

The system panics on the AppleIGB.kext
Remove the kext or try the older/newer (5.2.9.4, 5.3.5.3) version from MultiBeast

Remove the kext or try the older/newer (5.2.9.4, 5.3.5.3) version from MultiBeast
Thank you! Will try and report back ASAP.

I removed the kext for now just to be sure. And it seems to have cleared up my startup kernel panics! I'm still experiencing some random ones though. It happens when the system has been running for different amounts of time and during different tasks with various apps open, but it doesn't seem to be with a pattern.

I've included my logs from /System/Logs/DiagnosticReports. Any insight would be great! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DiagnosticReports.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back