Contribute
Register

Seeking Help: Lost audio after ~1yr of happy hackintoshing, can't get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OS X 10.9
CPU
Intel Z97 LGA 1150/ i7 4790k
Graphics
PNY GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System: OS X 10.9
CPU: Intel Z97 LGA 1150/ i7 4790k
Mobo: GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 Z97 R
Graphics: PNY GTX 770
Other Hardware: M-Audio Delta 44

Two weeks ago, my audio stopped and nothing I've tried brings it back. I've tried ALC889, ALC892, ALC898 & VooDo 2.8.4 drivers in addition to ALC1150, none worked. Moreover, when I do use ALC1150 (and only ALC1150) my system finds my audio hardware, ie. System Preferences->Sound has Output options available & I can, ostensibly, change my volume.

I've had my audio drop out before, but it's always been restored by having Multibeast reinstall the ALC1150 & HDAEnabler. Also, usually when my audio has failed my system can't find any audio hardware.

I know the speakers work and the cards not damaged b/c I dualboot with Win7 and the audio works fine there.

I added my Delta 44 card a while back while I'd been using Windows for a while, so I can't remember if the audio failure started after that, BUT I've removed the card and still can't get a peep out of my mac. I am by no means pro at hackintoshing, no idea what to try next.

Lil help? :S /System/Library/Extensions contents attached.

Attachments

• kexts.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 238
System: OS X 10.9
CPU: Intel Z97 LGA 1150/ i7 4790k
Graphics: PNY GTX 770
Other Hardware: M-Audio Delta 44

Two weeks ago, my audio stopped and nothing I've tried brings it back. I've tried ALC889, ALC892, ALC898 & VooDo 2.8.4 drivers in addition to ALC1150, none worked. Moreover, when I do use ALC1150 (and only ALC1150) my system finds my audio hardware, ie. System Preferences->Sound has Output options available & I can, ostensibly, change my volume.

I've had my audio drop out before, but it's always been restored by having Multibeast reinstall the ALC1150 & HDAEnabler. Also, usually when my audio has failed my system can't find any audio hardware.

I know the speakers work and the cards not damaged b/c I dualboot with Win7 and the audio works fine there.

I added my Delta 44 card a while back while I'd been using Windows for a while, so I can't remember if the audio failure started after that, BUT I've removed the card and still can't get a peep out of my mac. I am by no means pro at hackintoshing, no idea what to try next.

Lil help? :S /System/Library/Extensions contents attached.

it is not clear what motherboard you have. Need to include Manufacturer and model number, and BIOS version.

Good modding,
neil

it is not clear what motherboard you have. Need to include Manufacturer and model number, and BIOS version.

Good modding,
neil

Sorry about that!

Motherboard - GA-Z97X-GAMING 7 Z97 R

The most reliable solution for me has been to install the sound driver from the Mavericks Multibeast, version 6.10. Apparently Apple started changing the drivers back then to fix some sleep issues with their sound cards, which broke it more reliably for hackintosh users.

The situation might be different for you though, I have a board with the 892 chip.

Otherwise there are several solutions, that you can try. Read the sticky threads in this sub-forum:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/

Remember to delete all old drivers/hdaEnablers and so on before trying any other solution.

Lastly the easiest and most future-proof solution is to buy a cheap external USB sound card. This one for 30 bucks has good sound quality:
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

The most reliable solution for me has been to install the sound driver from the Mavericks Multibeast, version 6.10. Apparently Apple started changing the drivers back then to fix some sleep issues with their sound cards, which broke it more reliably for hackintosh users.

The situation might be different for you though, I have a board with the 892 chip.

Otherwise there are several solutions, that you can try. Read the sticky threads in this sub-forum:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/

Remember to delete all old drivers/hdaEnablers and so on before trying any other solution.

Lastly the easiest and most future-proof solution is to buy a cheap external USB sound card. This one for 30 bucks has good sound quality:
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI

Thanks so much for this, I'll try these solutions and possibly indeed just spring for the external card. Hope this works else I'm perhaps going to just salt the fields and reinstall Mavericks (or upgrade to Yosemite, but, ick :|). Will post result either way.

Nothing worked; I'm too nub to be bothered with solving this problem—salting the fields, reinstalling. Thanks for the offered help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back