Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Elite
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apple has published another minor Catalina security update. Apple's overview at About the security content of Security Update 2021-005 Catalina. Apple states that this may be actively exploited.

Their text reads
CoreGraphics

Available for: macOS Catalina

Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted PDF may lead to arbitrary code execution. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: An integer overflow was addressed with improved input validation.

CVE-2021-30860: The Citizen Lab

Just letting people know it was pushed out. It is visible in Software Update along with Safari 14.1.2 update.

Installed via Software Update, 2 reboots, installed fine but slowly. No issues here.

Thank you for the Catalina update! (Still haven't updated because it sounds like a major ordeal)

Ran the update, 16:30 minutes and 2-4 reboots, depending on how you count them.

1. Click install - reboots
2. Boot Mac OS Install from [Your Hard Drive's Name]
3. Boot Mac OS Install from [Your Hard Drive's Name]
4. Boot into [Your Hard Drive's Name]

Well my machine crashed during reboot, just froze with progress bar. Forced reboot and ran the updates manually, the others were ok except for SuppUpdate which I got the error not compatible with this version of OS X. I rebooted into the installer start up in Clover and it installed everything except for the Epson driver which I had already installed manually lol.

Installed the update on my iMac1 system, two reboots, unattended update, booted back in to Catalina without any issues.

Catalina has been updated to Build number (19H1417)

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 19.08.24.png

Standalone installer for the 2021-005 Catalina Security update is available if you don't want to use the System Updater from System Preferences:

Updated my iMac2 system using the standalone installer. No problems, took less than 15 minutes, couple of reboots and all done.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 23.00.44.png

Just updated my old AMD system, worked as expected without any need to update any kexts, patches or settings.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 at 00.39.26.png Ram is recorded incorrectly should be 1600 MHz

Updated my Mac-Server2 system, old HP Microserver Gen8 which runs headless normally. Three reboots, and took about half an hour to complete the update.

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 19.38.46.png

Uses a low power Xeon E3-1265L 4Core/8Thread CPU, with Clover 5119 Legacy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back