Contribute
Register

Security Update 2021-001 Catalina, Security Update 2021-001 Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
This update has been surprisingly painful for me. I'm on the GA-Z77X-UD5H and I've had frequent kernel panics since the update. They seem to come after the system's been up for a little bit of time and maybe had some time to idle, but it's crashed in the middle of use as well. Here's the kernel panic log dug out of

All the kernel panics are crashing in PerfPowerService. I have Clover 5128 installed and the system had otherwise been perfectly stable for the past few weeks with no other kext/bootloader changes.
I’m no expert, but maybe consider going back to Clover 5119 or earlier and kexts/drivers that come bundled with that? The kexts and drivers that come bundled with that clover version (5119) seem to be working for almost everyone here including myself. It is my understanding that drivers and possibly kexts bundled with Clover 5128 or later will be geared for big sur.....

Clover r5122. Updated via System Preferences. 2 or 3 reboots. No issues installing.

About This Mac 10-15-7 Security 2021-001.png

Another thread detailing your update method for small security updates could be helpful to all, perhaps....?
If Apple eventually released the standalone versions of these security updates, I will be happy to do that once I get them installed and working.

Last edited:
The standalone updater for the 2021-001 Catalina Security Update is now available at :

Still waiting for the Mojave 2021-001 Security Update standalone updater.

The Mojave 2021-002 Security Update has been released and apparently includes the content of and supersedes 2021-001. Will wait for the standalone updater for this update now.

Last edited:
Updated via System Prefs this morning. So far so good...

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-02-09 alle 16.19.11.png
    Schermata 2021-02-09 alle 16.19.11.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 49
Updated my mini cube last night, installed automatically without any issues.
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 10.21.03 AM.png

Updated my mini cube last night, installed automatically without any issues.
The cube is now completely done ? What is this one used for primarily ?

The cube is now completely done ? What is this one used for primarily ?
Not completely, just have to print the lower IO. This is my daily Mac that I use, very good at working with 3D models for 3D printing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back