Contribute
Register

Security Update 2020-005 (High Sierra) & (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 1.49.42 PM.png
The following updates are now available from Apple.com. Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.
  • image.jsp
    Download Security Update 2020-005 (Mojave)
    Security Update 2020-005 is recommended for all users and improves the security of macOS.
    Sep 24, 2020
    Download

• image.jsp
    Download Security Update 2020-005 (High Sierra)
    Security Update 2020-005 is recommended for all users and improves the security of macOS.
    Sep 24, 2020
  • Download

The Mojave Security Update 2020-005 installed with three reboots. Unlike earlier ones it was able to complete without any intervention except selecting the correct "Install" icon from the Clover menu each time until it disappears. It seems that for this update the included Firmware package, which often causes a freeze during a Hackintosh install, had no bad effects.

The build number for Mojave has moved up to: 18G6032.

:)

If you're using an Nvidia GPU and web drivers, don't do the High Sierra update. The web drivers haven't been updated (yet).

Like a dummy, I forgot this and let the update install, and now I have flickering and Venetian blinds.
(I'll be fine. This isn't my primary system, and I can roll back with Time Machine)

UPDATE: A new web driver is now available:
https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/387/WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.139.pkg

Last edited:
The Mojave Security Update 2020-005 installed with three reboots. Unlike earlier ones it was able to complete without any intervention except selecting the correct "Install" icon from the Clover menu each time until it disappears. It seems that for this update the included Firmware package, which often causes a freeze during a Hackintosh install, had no bad effects.

The build number for Mojave has moved up to: 18G6032.

:)
Did this Update slowed down the booting time as well? Heard that the security updates 003 and 004 had some issues.

If you're using an Nvidia GPU and web drivers, don't do the High Sierra update. The web drivers haven't been updated (yet).

Like a dummy, I forgot this and let the update install, and now I have flickering and Venetian blinds.
(I'll be fine. This isn't my primary system, and I can roll back with Time Machine)

I confirme... my eyes are crying ! Fortunately, the dual boot with cent os make the day better :)

Did this Update slowed down the booting time as well? Heard that the security updates 003 and 004 had some issues.

I haven't noticed any slowdown compared with the previous version, no. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, the problems on Mojave introduced by the Security Update 2020-004 have not been solved with the Security Update 2020-005 as promised.

Many users on the web including myself have problems with startup applications that freeze MacOS for 30-90 seconds, only the mouse moves.
In my case the freeze is caused by the Mixer Engie of the UAD sound card. If I disable it then it is impossible to use the device.

As for the RAM I had not noticed it before, but now that I know it I have 18Gb out of 64 available occupied in IDLE o_O

Unfortunately, the problems on Mojave introduced by the Security Update 2020-004 have not been solved with the Security Update 2020-005 as promised.

For me it's the App store that won't update apps.. It looks like it runs, but then ends up with the button showing UPDATE again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back