Contribute
Register

Security Update 2020-003 (High Sierra) & (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.34.29 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.34.35 AM.png
The following updates are now available from Apple.com. Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.

Download icon
Download Security Update 2020-003 (High Sierra)
Download

Security Update 2020-003 is recommended for all users and improves the security of macOS.
For more information on the security content of this update see https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222.

Download icon
Download Security Update 2020-003 (Mojave)
Download

Security Update 2020-003 is recommended for all users and improves the security of macOS.
For more information on the security content of this update see https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222.

I attempted to update this 2020-003 on my 10.13.6 install using the App Store download but it was getting stuck on black screen (with mouse pointer) when trying to either shut down or restart. Found a way to stop these failing installation attempts in this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251107470

Last edited:
I attempted to update this 2020-003 on my 10.13.6 install using the App Store download but it was getting stuck on black screen (with mouse pointer) when trying to either shut down or restart. Found a way to stop these failing installation attempts in this post: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251107470
Did you install it then?
I see no nvidia drivers yet though.

No sign of Nvidia drivers (Guess - 387.10.10.10.40.136) so if you are High Sierra and Nvidia GPU that is not native, hold back for now :thumbup:

Do you think there will be one ?
I made the error to install this update and now my Nvidia GPU is not supported anymore.
Should I wait for an Nvidia drivers update or reinstall everything ?

Do you think there will be one ?
I made the error to install this update and now my Nvidia GPU is not supported anymore.
Should I wait for an Nvidia drivers update or reinstall everything ?
I made that mistake the other update. My advise is to wait. Not too much, maybe a day or two. By the way, search in Google for the Nvidia web driver 387.10.10.10.40.136 by hand, don't let the Nvidia driver manager to search the update (it will be quicker to find by Google, the updater takes more days).

Mojave update worked fine for me on system at left. Waiting for new nVidia Web Driver before attempting the High Sierra security update on my other computers.

Mojave system moves on to 18G5033 for this update.

No post-install work needed if using Lilu/Whatevergreen/AppleALC kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. All working as before on reboot.

If you have difficulty getting the update to "stick", or it crashes mid-way through and reverts to the older version on reboot, the problem is likely caused by the Firmware update part of the package. As we do not need this for our Hackintoshes we can bypass it by running the necessary parts of the Security Update, manually:

Update.jpg

These files are all in the Drive: Library/Updates/ folder.

(If you download an installer from Apple's web-pages above it will come wrapped as a *.dmg package).

To install the Mojave SU update to the main system run 1- on its own. Once complete it will ask to reboot.

To install the update to the Recovery Partition, run 2-.

Nothing else will need to be touched.

The System Preferences update dialogue will confirm the installation and remove the downloaded files so make a backup copy before updating if you wish to keep a copy.

As well as the SU there wil probably be a Safari 13.1.1 update to do too.

The same procedure will apply to the High Sierra SU as well, just a different folder/file name in the Update folder.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back