Contribute
Register

Security Update 2020-002 (High Sierra) & (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
updated to this without a hitch

I installed this update from AppStore after I installed this update on High Sierra after restart my laptop it’s shows the “OS not installed in your computer and installer resource file not found“ than I restart my laptop now I’m not able to boot In my main drive automatically shut down my laptop. Please tell me how I solve this issue.

Attachments

• 333E77BB-7E51-4B71-97B6-954AFDE50434.jpeg
    333E77BB-7E51-4B71-97B6-954AFDE50434.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
My update went well this weekend after creating a CCC backup.

However, I'm starting to get quite a bit of USB issues—external drives dropping, communication with the UPS dropping frequently, etc. Not exactly sure how to capture the issues. If someone has a recommended diagnostic, I'd be happy to run.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.51.09 AM.png

Anyone else seeing this issue?

TIA.
Drew

This update worked on my Mojave. I first updated Clover to Rev. 5117+ and then applied the Mojave security update.

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.18.38 PM.png

My update went well this weekend after creating a CCC backup.

However, I'm starting to get quite a bit of USB issues—external drives dropping, communication with the UPS dropping frequently, etc. Not exactly sure how to capture the issues. If someone has a recommended diagnostic, I'd be happy to run.

View attachment 469064

Anyone else seeing this issue?

TIA.
Drew
Bad cable connection on the APC UPS. Must have been moved when I changed out a case fan (or the cat bumped it). Update seems to be working fine.

I've installed the update via the App Store and via the download link, nothing changes, at least nothing bad happens. Update downloads as usual, seems to install on restart, loads back into my desktop perfectly fine with everything working. Then the weird thing...the update reappears in my App Store updates like I've done nothing. Not really sure whats going on here. I'm running 10.13.6 with zero issues, except for this update that doesn't seem to want to stick.

EDIT: The only real issue I have is after upgrading to High Sierra, the install High Sierra option still shows up on Clover as a boot option, not sure if thats related to some other underlying problem with this. My time machine backup is an internal drive (just adding this in case)

My Audio is not working after installing the 2020-002 Security Update, but everything else seemed fine.

I see that the security update updated a file /System/Library/Extensions/AudioAUUC.kext.

I am using AppleALC.kext 1.4.9 with Lilu 1.4.4.

I did try different Audio Inject numbers in Clover Configurator but with no luck.

Specs:
I am using High Sierra 10.13.6.
Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming-5
Realtek ALC1150 codec

I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so fyi for anyone else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back