Contribute
Register

Security Update 2020-002 (High Sierra) & (Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Clover to r5107 and then Mojave to 18G4032.
It works on 5 series.
HP8100.png

Btw. why is it showing the build version in your overview? How can that be enabled?

Btw. why is it showing the build version in your overview? How can that be enabled?

Hi there.

Hold down the Cmd key while you mouse-click on the Version number in the About this Mac pane :thumbup:

I tried installing via Software Update. The update appeared to succeed, and I proceeded to reboot. After it powered back on, I got the Gigabyte splash screen, and then...nothing! Just a black screen, no Clover. I tried multiple times, and also tried letting it sit in this state for about an hour, but Clover never loaded. I guess the update seemed to have corrupted the Clover install or EFI partition in some way? Has anyone encountered this?

Luckily, I still have my USB installer, so I booted Clover from that. I'm not sure if it was there before, but I think a new "Install from Mojave" partition appeared. I'm not sure if it's related to the update, but I'm not able to boot from that partition, as I get a "couldn't allocate runtime error" which slide=0 doesn't fix (normally I don't have to use this boot flag to boot from "Mojave").

Finally, I reinstalled Clover (upgraded from r5103 to r5108) to my SSD, rebooted, and ran SecUpd2020-002Mojave.pkg and SecUpd2020-002Mojave.RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg from /Library/Updates/061-90745. Rebooted again, picked my regular "Mojave" partition, and the update seems to have applied. (Thanks to @UtterDisbelief for the solution on running the individual packages!)

Does anyone know if any of the other packages should also be installed?

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 11.37.49 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back