Contribute
Register

Security Update 2019-004 - Released July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The current update has build number 17G8030.

Thanks for the heads-up :thumbup:

So Apple have tried again! I guess because I used '8029' I won't be offered '8030'. I'll keep an eye on my update notifications.

Good to know for others new to the update.

(I've edited post #10).

:)

Yes, this can happen if the first attempt doesn't work - for whatever reason - and you try again.

The fact that it is prompting you to install yet again suggests that the first two didn't take.

Check what macOS version is holding by CMD+Clicking on the 'Version 10.13.6' text in the About This Mac window.

Should be (17G8029) after a successful update.

(EDIT: See post #11).
So apparently they didn't take cause my version is 10.13.6 (17G65)

So apparently they didn't take cause my version is 10.13.6 (17G65)

Seems like it. Maybe follow the link @Jamesbond007 posted and download a stand-alone installer instead?

In the end I installed using the *.pkg from within the update files in Library/Updates. Doing so doesn't install the Recovery Partition update though, there is a separate installer for that. Also the firmware update is not required by us. Doing the basic update this way worked - and without the need for a reboot.

Interesting learning-curve...

Last edited:
Yes, the second and newest version of 2019-004 has finally arrived:

Again.png

Currently 10.13.6 (17G8029) holding, let's see what happens after this one. As we are Hackintosh and not real Mac, I shall manually install from the *.pkg files in the Library/Updates/041-93819 folder. Ignoring the Firmware updates.

And report back ...

Okay, job done. About two minutes to install (then a reboot this time) and all back as before. No need to re-install any drivers for audio or ethernet etc. Nothing missing from System Report.

And now 10.13.6 (17G8030)

About2.png

Last edited:
Any news on whether the nvidia drivers have been updated for this 17G8030 update?

Ah, I now see it does seem to be available. Haven't yet updated but will try soon.

Edit: confirm availability automatically, updated macos with no problems, startup on macos vid driver, nvidia offered/updated/installed per usual, no problems.

Last edited:
When I update from App Store, it requires a restart. it gets to about 20% (Installing software updates) and then it reboots. and brings me to the clover boot manager. I select my High Sierra install, and it prompts me to update again.

Currently on 10.13.6 (17G7024)

When I update from App Store, it requires a restart. it gets to about 20% (Installing software updates) and then it reboots. and brings me to the clover boot manager. I select my High Sierra install, and it prompts me to update again.

Currently on 10.13.6 (17G7024)

Unplug all USB devices except the keyboard/mouse and try it that way...

If that doesn't work, do the above as well as disabling iGPU in bios...

Unplug all USB devices except the keyboard/mouse and try it that way...

If that doesn't work, do the above as well as disabling iGPU in bios...
That worked! had to restart "Install high Sierra" a few times, after completion It ran with Onboard GPU drivers, opened Nvidia manager, and an update was available. Updated without any problems, now running perfectly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back