Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So to coincide with the 10.14.6 Mojave point upgrade Apple also released a Security patch for High Sierra 10.13.6 - Security Update 2019-004.

They put out one of these to address many of the same concerns in the previous OS version as they do in the current one.

This update moves the build up to: 10.13.6 17G8029

About.png

The amount of work needed to be done with this update is similar to any point upgrade, dependant on your hardware and how you have installed drivers.

For Nvidia drivers check out the Downloads section for the latest Web-Driver for this update.

If you are using Lilu and AppleALC for audio then there's a good chance no work will be needed. If you use the more conventional MultiBeast drivers, they will need installing again to restore audio.

Any other problems please use the thread to discuss :thumbup:

Last edited:
Has the update been pulled? It doesn’t seem to be available (to me) anymore?

Yes, apparently it has been pulled due to real Macs kernel panics after waking from sleep :

If you already downloaded it but have not applied it yet, don't. Delete it and wait some time.

Personally I always wait at least a few weeks before applying these major updates, be it Windows or Mac.

Last edited:
Yes, apparently it has been pulled due to real Macs kernel panics after waking from sleep :

If you already downloaded it but have not applied it yet, don't. Delete it and wait some time.

Personally I always wait at least a few weeks before applying these major updates, be it Windows or Mac.

Yes, I can confirm the update 'breaks' sleep, though maybe not a kernel-panic as is suggested in the article. I'm getting a full sleep cycle and then wake but no display until a key pressed.

Thanks @Jamesbond007 for the heads-up.

Everything else seems to be working fine - so far.

(Interesting, that mention of Mojave 10.14.6 being affected too ...)

:)

It seems that the Sierra 2019-004 Security Update was also pulled as well.

It seems that the Sierra 2019-004 Security Update was also pulled as well.

Yep, must admit it was delivered to me by the App Store, so I duly backed-up and thought I'd get to grips. Hadn't realised there were any problems - until the sleep issue.

Odd to think that Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave apparently share a lot of code ...

Latest:

Sleep problem mentioned above seems to have gone.

Now having no noticeable issues with the update.

Not sure what changed - except I re-flashed the BIOS after doing other testing.

A bit academic if the update is no-longer available on the app store.

I applied it and rebooted but it keeps asking me to redo it again, so I am not sure if it got applied or not, lol.

so apparently it did install and is listed twice in my from me installing twice and it wants to do it again, lol

it is located here "System Information, under Software->Installations".

so apparently it did install and is listed twice in my from me installing twice and it wants to do it again, lol

it is located here "System Information, under Software->Installations".

Yes, this can happen if the first attempt doesn't work - for whatever reason - and you try again.

The fact that it is prompting you to install yet again suggests that the first two didn't take.

Check what macOS version is holding by CMD+Clicking on the 'Version 10.13.6' text in the About This Mac window.

Should be (17G8029) after a successful update.

(EDIT: See post #11).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back