Contribute
Register

Security update 2019-003 Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hack Mini (the Z170 with GT740) crashes on reboot after the security update. Never had any problems with any updates before. I've attached a picture of the log that was displayed at the crash. Maybe someone can make sense of it. I have Clover and I'm going to see if I can do a recovery that way, but this is just plain weird. I guess I might have to do a clean reinstall. Is this all about the graphics cards?
After several reboots with the same error message, I rebooted for the 4-5-6th time, and boom up comes the login screen. Strangest thing. I guess it advanced a little bit through the errors on each reboot until it made it all the way through.

After several reboots with the same error message, I rebooted for the 4-5-6th time, and boom up comes the login screen. Strangest thing. I guess it advanced a little bit through the errors on each reboot until it made it all the way through.
Spoke too soon... after a shutdown and a reboot was back at the same error screen... Looking at moving to Mojave/Catalina now for the Z170 but with the single-slot graphics for the mini-case it means using the built-in Intel graphics and the story on that seems to be ambiguous with respect to graphics acceleration.

My X240 does something similar. I select "install Mac OS" from the Clover menu (as with previous updates) and the progress bar very, very slowly proceeds to the end, stops for a long while, and I get a glitched-out version of the startup screen. Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back